Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chingaming
Viewer II

CC Exam Fail - Retake Procedure

Hi Everyone. I was part of the 1M who got the free voucher for the exam sadly I recently failed the CC Exam. 

If I will be retaking the CC exam again do I need to pay $199 this time? and If I will be paying, do I need to wait 30days before I can retake the exam again? 

Hope someone can give an advice regarding on this process.

Also, to those who failed before can you share your experiences and additional materials that you used on how did you pass it after retake?

Thank you!

12 Replies
alnorman73
Viewer II

Yes, you will need to pay for the exam. You will also have to wait 30 days before taking again. I was in a similar situation and had my retake today 6/5 and passed. You can do it too!!! Good Luck!

Topshotta
Newcomer III

@chingaming . I’m taking the exam tomorrow. You mind giving me some details on how the test questions are set up . Or what areas should I really focus on
Topshotta
Newcomer III

@alnoram, how are the questions formatted? Is it differnr from the pre/post assessment tests ? What areas did you struggle in most
EdwardK
Viewer III

Do you have any recommendations for materials that that helped with your studying, outside of the free ISC2 content provided?

alnorman73
Viewer II

I was fortunate to have access to CBT nuggets and used the Security+ course training in addition to the (ISC)2 notes that I had.

Thank you
Alan Norman

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@EdwardK 

All the google Certificate in Cybersecurity is free for a seven day trial period - there a huge amount of content there - but if you have the time off you could plough through a great deal and... well they know their stuff: 

Google Cybersecurity | Coursera

After seven days it 49 USD Per month to access.

EdwardK
Viewer III

I appreciate the prompt feedback. Checking it out now

Blessingnice
Newcomer I

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass the exam this time. I would like to ask about your experience. How was the overall exam experience? I'm planning to take the exam next month, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your experience with me. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing the format of the exam, and the area to focus on. Thank you in advance for your insights and any advice you can provide.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Blessingnice do remember that anyone who takes an ISC2 exam specifically undertakes not to share what was actually in it. So stay away from specifics or event statistical how many questions you though were for each domain.

You're much better of looking at the weightings in the exam outline and everyone will get a different experience so your milage may vary. As there are only five domains you can almost guarantee that if you are weak in one you'll almost certainty fail.

Certified in Cybersecurity Exam Outline (isc2.org)