cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjemlearning
Newcomer I

2023 CC Study Resources

*(UPDATE: I PASSED THE CC EXAM)

I'm preparing for my upcoming CC exam and wanted to share the study resources I'm using:

1. (ISC)2 Website: Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Self-Paced Training course.

> Pre-Course Assessment

> Chapters Flash Card and select TEST mode

> Chapters Summary Quizzes

> Post-Course Assessment
(Since all of these resources allow unlimited attempts, the goal is to achieve a perfect score.)

2. Udemy : The Complete Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) course ISC2 '23 by Thor Pedersen
3. LinkedIn: (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Cert Prep by Mike Chapple

4. Youtube: CC Certification: Best Practice Questions! (CC Exam Playlist) of Prabh Nair
5. Youtube: CC & CISSP Practice Question with explanations by Luke Ahmed (StudynotesandTheory)
6. Other related Resources: Network+ and Security+ by Jason Dion or Professor Messer

Additional: Read 10 Things You Need To Know Right Now Before Taking The ISC2 CC Certified In Cybersecurity Exam 2023 ... by: Cyber Mesh

(ISC)2 Frequently Asked Questions

Exam

Time Allotted

Items

Passing Grade

Certified in Cybersecurity

2 hours

100 multiple choice, 4 choices

700 out of 1000 points

DomainsAverage Weight# of Items
1. Security Principles26%20
2. Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) & Incident Response Concepts10%7
3. Access Controls Concepts22%17
4. Network Security24%18
5. Security Operations18%13
Total100%75*

If you have any additional resources that are not listed, please feel free to comment below.

32 Replies
arjemlearning
Newcomer I

@YeSol When preparing for the exam, it's essential to consider that the self-paced course alone might not be enough. One reason for this is that the course primarily relies on written materials, which may be challenging for non-native English speakers or those who prefer visual learning. In such cases, video resources with examples and better explanations could be more beneficial. Moreover, using additional external resources allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the domains, making you better equipped to ace the exam and be thoroughly prepared for success.
YeSol
Viewer II

@arjemlearning Thank you for the valuable insight, which I wouldn't have gleaned by going through the self-paced course solely.  I am a visual learner as well and learn by doing also. I hope to pass the test when it is my turn and will use the resources you provided. 

tdicostanzo
Viewer II

For how long did you study before taking the exam?

I am in Chapter 2 of the Self-Paced training. 

Are the Podcasts in the self-training a good use of studying time?

Atilio_Mashini
Viewer III

Felicitaciones por aprobar el examen. Gracias por compartir información para la preparación.

curlycyberchic
Viewer II

thanks for providing these resources

arjemlearning
Newcomer I

@tdicostanzo

I spent around 3 months studying for an hour each day.

Considering your learning style, podcasts can be a great use of your studying time in self-training. Opt for quality content that aligns with your study goals, and don't forget to supplement it with other materials for a well-rounded approach.

Princenuel
Viewer II

Thank you @arjemlearning  i will work with this 

phorest
Viewer III

Great resources, thanks for uploading.
Symmie
Newcomer I

Congratulations on passing CC. Pls I will like to collaborate with you as I am preparing for my exam. Kindly reach me on Symmie11@gmail.com
Symmie
Newcomer I

Congratulations on passing CC. Pls I will like to collaborate with you as I am preparing for my exam. Kindly reach me on Symmie11@gmail.com. Thank you