cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jreg
Newcomer II

Provisionally Passed CISSP 11/20/2019

Hello all!

I'm very excited to have provisionally passed the CISSP exam 11/20/2019.

Got my endorsement submitted and signed by my endorser 11/22/2019.

I'm not even 2 weeks in and the wait is killing me!

That aside, I'm excited and proud that I'll shortly be a member with the rest of you!

Jared Register CISSP, GDSA
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredregister/
14 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Congratulations! We're running around 4-6 weeks for completing endorsement applications right now, so hopefully you'll hear from us soon!

Fryer_Matt
Newcomer I

I provisionally passed and received my email acknowledging the receipt of my endorsement documentation from my sponsor on Oct. 30. As it is Dec. 5, should I expect completion shortly? Or is there a backlog causing a delay?

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @Fryer_Matt! It's about 4-6 weeks right now for the endorsement review. So, you should hear back from us by Dec. 11 at the latest! 

Fryer_Matt
Newcomer I

Thank you!!!! I appreciate the quick response! 

Stuart_F
Newcomer I

Hello, I don't agree with your turn around times  at all. I have been trying to complete the endorsement process on line for a number of weeks. I received  preliminary confirmation of examination pass on the 12th September 2019 and have attempted several times to submit my application online. I have received "holding" responses from the support team but quite frankly this is disgraceful as nothing has progressed.

As a professional organisation i was expecting something far more efficient, furthermore my company has sponsored my working towards CISSP and have questioned whether i even attempted the exam, how do i explain that to them?

This is just a poor experience with no expectation management.

Rgds

Stuart

Fryer_Matt
Newcomer I

If you passed the exam. You just need to show your employer the results from the testing center. This seems like a pretty strait forward way to present to them proof of taking the exam.

It took 5 weeks once my sponsor signed off on my endorsement form and sent it in. (Signed sponsor form and the day I passed the test were not the same day) Their timelines were right on track with what they said it would be for me.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Stuart_F wrote:

Hello, I don't agree with your turn around times  at all. I have been trying to complete the endorsement process on line for a number of weeks. I received  preliminary confirmation of examination pass on the 12th September 2019 and have attempted several times to submit my application online. I have received "holding" responses from the support team but quite frankly this is disgraceful as nothing has progressed.

As a professional organisation i was expecting something far more efficient, furthermore my company has sponsored my working towards CISSP and have questioned whether i even attempted the exam, how do i explain that to them?

This is just a poor experience with no expectation management.

Rgds

Stuart

If you have someone endorsing you, it's 4 - 6 weeks from the point they provide their endorsement.

What's the actual problem you are experiencing with submitting your endorsement application?

Stuart_F
Newcomer I

Hi Alec,

The problem is as follows:

Passed the exam on 12th September, and as indicated by Matt I have the paper copy of provisional results provided by Pearson VUE which has been presented to my employer. I did not receive anything from ISC2 within the 5 days of passing referred to in the print out confirming I had passed. I contacted ISC2 18th September and was informed that they had received my results, I was also informed that I had two ISC2 accounts which must be merged. Have gone back a number of times since the 18th September to check on the status of my results/account with no reply received from ISC2 HQ. I did received a response from EU helpdesk which is pretty much a repeat of the initial email sent by HQ indicating accounts need to be merged. Essentially this has not progressed any further since 18th September.

In the meantime I checked in the forums and followed some of the advice there which is to attempt to submit the application online.  I completed the online application process in readiness of receiving formal acknowledgement from ISC2 that I had passed and can start the application. I have my endorsers details and electronic copies of their current CISSP in good standing status, employee references also uploaded, evidence of having carried out security work in at least 2 of the domains over 10+ years etc, application ready to go and submit. When attempting to submit I receive an error " you must have passed the CISSP exam within the last 9 months" Its actually been 3 months since I passed. My frustration is I passed the exam 12 weeks ago, ISC2 acknowledge receipt of the results but it is not acknowledged on the system and therefore I cannot submit my application, I believe the AMF are submitted after acceptance of the application?

While I do not disagree with the general statement for time taken after application acceptance is 4 to 6 weeks my experience has been very different. Even if my application was accepted today that means it would have taken approximately 18 weeks for the process to have been completed. For an organisation like ISC2 this just does not seem right.

Compounding the issue and adding to the frustration is that I have not received anything from ISC2 indicating any progress during this time, this is despite sending follow up emails which generally have not received a response.

I have sent another email to ISC2 noting my concerns with screen shots of the error message I am receiving. I guess all I can do is continue to wait to see if anything comes back, but as you can probably tell from the tone of my emails I am disappointed with ISC2.

Rgds

Stuart

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I can totally understand your frustrations, @Stuart_F. Your issue lies with needing Member Services to merge your accounts, and the ticket to do that being lost in an ever increasing queue and not being prioritised - not to mention the lack of status updates.

This all stems back to the disastrous digital end-to-end (DETE) transformation programme ISC2 undertook in recent times. This was so appallingly implemented parts of it are already due to be overhauled. This shockingly poor programme of "improvements" had the effect of pretty much breaking every system, and its crippling effect is still being felt now as Member Services can't catch up with all the issues hence the reason sending emails or leaving voicemails takes a long time to get a response.

We keep being told the issues are account specific and not widespread but that's not in keeping with the volume of people reporting problems here through the Community and other online forums.

Anyway, in order to resolve your issue you will need to call Member Services and don't stop calling them until you actually speak to someone. It's sad that the onus to push to get this resolved is completely on you but that's just the way it is right now.

Another option is to go on their Twitter page and publicly shame them - I don't like suggesting that option usually but I'd say you've been waiting long enough for it to be justified.

Good luck!