cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naviava
Viewer

Experience Endorsement

Hello,

I am an IT Professional having 9 years of experience. I have experience in 3 domains of CISSP, but being completely new to the community, don't have any endorser. I am planning to take up the exam later this year but I have a few urgent questions, which I have detailed out below.

I am from India, currently working in UAE, with the plan of going back home shortly. I will most likely go with (ISC)2 endorsement assistance option, so I wanted to know what kind of documents I would need. I will get the standard experience letter from the company which doesn't state any specific duties performed on the job. Do I need a separate letter stating I have experience in 3 domains. if not, how am I supposed to prove this without an endorser. I am trying to gather this information before I leave the company, as it's going to be very difficult for me to acquire any letters once I leave.

Apologies if this is a repeated question, and I appreciate any help in this regard.

Kind Regards,

Navin Avadhani

1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Whenever you go through endorsement, regardless of who is acting as your endorser, you need to fill out a web form detailing your relevant experience - effectively this is like a CV/resume. You will also need to provide contact details for your supervisor(s) so that the endorser can check the details with them if needed.

When ISC2 acts as your endorser, in addition to the experience/supervisor contact details you provide in the web form, you will also need to upload proof of employment as detailed in the link below - a W2 is a US tax form so presumably your local equivalent will be fine:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CISSP-Eendorsemen-What-type-of-document-need-t-upload-a...