cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carnol
Viewer

CISSP - Application/Experience Requirement Time Limit

Hello,

I am interested in pursuing the CISSP certification.

I am wondering how long do you have to submit the application after completing the exam? At this time I do not have the necessary 4/5 years of work experience necessary, but according to this site, you have up to 2 years to gain the experience. https://www.test-king.com/guide-what-is-the-endorsement-process-in-cissp-exam.htm at which point you can then submit an application along with your test results. This is consistent with the CISA exam which I have also passed.

However, I noticed on the ISC website it lists the below:

All candidates who pass an (ISC)² credential examination must complete the certification application process within nine months of their exam date.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
weodeo
Viewer II

In short, don't wait before applying! Within nine months of passing the CISSP exam, you must apply for certification even if you don't fully qualify and have yet to have 4/5 years of experience. You will have the Associate of ISC(2) certification until the day you have enough experience for the CISSP certification -- you will then have to apply for the CISSP, be endorsed by a fellow CISSP member, provide your job history etc. The only cost for the "upgrade" is a higher annual fee, 125 USD instead of 50 USD.

That's what I did and it worked fine. I passed the CISSP exam in April 2021, was Associate until last month and I've now got my CISSP certification.