Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

I voted, but no sticker or Badge :(

I love community badges, but they have become a scare commodity. When is the last time one was offered? They would be a nice incentive to get the community out an vote. Don't you think? 

Ps. Maybe we could have one for discussing a security topic 😉 

7 Replies
DavidMelnick
Newcomer II

I agree. Surprised myself how much I like the stickers 🙂
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There was a "badge" shown at the end of the process that you could share on social media to say you voted - I don't use social media other than LinkedIn but didn't feel inclined to share it on there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

denbesten
Community Champion

I believe that badge administration involved much manual effort by @SamanthaO_isc2.  I suspect that we will not see much badge activity until her position is back-filled.

emb021
Advocate I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ 

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
denbesten
Community Champion

@emb021 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ 

I happen to disagree with the "We don't need no stinkin' badges" refrain.  I have found them quite effective for understanding how we collectively use the community.  For example, how many CISSPs have logged in?  There's a badge for that.  How many people participate (e.g. have posted)?  There's a badge for that too.  

An "I voted" badge would be quite useful to help us extrapolate how may people one needs on their side to succeed with a write-in campaign.  

Flyslinger2
Community Champion

Until this topic came up badges had turned to vaporware in my noggin.  Don't miss them. Don't use them.

It's like giving kids in the program I manage "certificates of achievement" for having attended just so they aren't feeling left out at the end of the year awards program. If you had exerted yourself just the tiniest bit you could have earned REAL rewards like everyone else.

I'd rather they spend the time to get the interface cleaned up then worrying about creating another badge and getting it correctly applied to an event. Which it seems like that never happens either.

Kaity
Community Manager

I wish I could snap my fingers and make badges for everyone (who votes)! It is a manual process that is, unfortunately, suffering while we wait to fill Sam's role. Hopefully more badges to come soon!!