Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmg157
Newcomer II

Cannot access Free for (ISC)² Members professional development courses

I can't seem to access the free for members courses located here:

https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Professional-Development

If I click "Add To Cart", it wants me to pay. If I log into the site and try to enroll in one of the courses (e.g., the page at https://www.isc2.org/Skill-Builders/Cybersecurity-Leadership), and click "Free for members", it redirects me to the LMS page (https://learn.isc2.org/d2l/home) but no courses appear.

I've tried emailing member support about this, but have not received a response. I tried contacting D2L support via their web chat, and they said they would have to escalate the issue to (ISC)² support. So I have no idea how to get access to these courses. Any help would be appreciated.

55 Replies
jmg157
Newcomer II

Just to follow-up on this for anyone else who has the issue in the future...

I contacted (ISC)² about a separate issue: not receiving my Credly digital badge at almost 6 weeks after becoming certified. The next day, I received a response from Member Support saying my digital badge had been issued (and indeed it was). Once I saw that the badge was issued, I tried logging into the LMS again, and voila -- the free courses now appeared.

I can't say for sure that the issuing of the digital badge had anything to do with the courses appearing. I'm thinking maybe it was just something in my account that wasn't provisioned properly, and whoever resolved the digital badge issue spotted it and was able to fix it. Or perhaps issuing the digital badge completed some sort of account provisioning that included the free courses. I never received a further explanation from Member Support.

But the issue is now resolved! Thanks to everyone in this thread for your help.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Most likely both badge and courses were reliant on a flag in a DB being set… we’ll done and enjoy!
jmg157
Newcomer II

My thinking as well. Just a little crazy how long it took to get resolved. But glad it finally is. 🙂 Thanks again!

AbeIng
Viewer II

I have the same problem. I was issued my Credly badge after 3 weeks, but no access to the courses. I've messaged the online chat but that didn't actually seem to work. I will try calling ISC2 and seeing if they can help. 

Mohkl
Viewer II

I have a similar problem, I received my badge but cannot access the courses! did you find a solution?
ScottRHuntley
Newcomer I

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this issue. I have contacted support but they were no help. Anybody have other ideas? 

Thank you,

Scott

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @ScottRHuntley and @Mohkl - are you still unable to access your courses? If so, can you PM me your information and I'll check with support to see if they have a case started? 

shartlesville
Reader I

I have the same issue. I passed on July 17th, I received the certificate and the Credly badge but I am unable to access anything else. I have used the chat twice, emailed, and called without success. It seems like this should be an automated process but clearly something isn't working. 😕 

Are there any @admins in here?

ScottRHuntley
Newcomer I

Thank you for helping. Here are a couple of screenshots I get when trying different things.

ScottRHuntley_0-1691162531337.pngScottRHuntley_1-1691162563804.png

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried different browsers but same results.

Thank you,

Scott

Kaity
Community Manager

Please send me a PM with your information @shartlesville @ScottRHuntley - it's an error on our end that we need to correct.