Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmg157
Newcomer II

Cannot access Free for (ISC)² Members professional development courses

I can't seem to access the free for members courses located here:

https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Professional-Development

If I click "Add To Cart", it wants me to pay. If I log into the site and try to enroll in one of the courses (e.g., the page at https://www.isc2.org/Skill-Builders/Cybersecurity-Leadership), and click "Free for members", it redirects me to the LMS page (https://learn.isc2.org/d2l/home) but no courses appear.

I've tried emailing member support about this, but have not received a response. I tried contacting D2L support via their web chat, and they said they would have to escalate the issue to (ISC)² support. So I have no idea how to get access to these courses. Any help would be appreciated.

55 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sadly ISC2 hasn't been the best ever webmaster in history - a flaw needing to restart voting as the latest example - guys should probably take a look at CSSLP, might be something to help a bit there. *Meow*

In the meantime, you might try clearing cookies, caches, browsers etc even trying a completely clean device, its often overlooked but with all the outsourcery it's easy to have not completed the FAQ.

jmg157
Newcomer II

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I've already tried them all. But I do appreciate the effort.

I've had numerous issues with my account since becoming a member. It seems like it's still not fully provisioned for some reason. I'm also not able to vote in the current election because it says my account isn't eligible. I've reached out to (ISC)2 about this too.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sorry to hear that - particularly on the voting.

When it comes to keeping IT services up ISC2 does seem to find it hard to decide between running with matches or playing with scissors on any given day...

I had a problem with my account, and I tend to phone the HK team (of course there's a regional option, and this one is mine), but they've fixed some fairly difficult issues over the years.

Contact Us | (ISC)² (isc2.org)

jmg157
Newcomer II

Yeah, it's been frustrating. I did contact them last week. They replied and said they would follow-up soon, but I suspect there's a delay due to the Independence Day holiday yesterday here in the U.S. I hope to hear something soon, as I'd like to cast my vote and use some of the free for members resources that are supposed to be included in the membership fee. 

Thank you again for your suggestions and efforts! I will post here if/when it's finally resolved and what it took, for anyone else who might be having the same issue.

jmg157
Newcomer II

Tagging @AndreaMoore on this since I saw she was able to help with some other members having similar issues in the past. I still haven't received anything via email. Still can't access any of the free courses, still can't vote in the election, still no digital badge (after being certified 6/2), I'm not sure what's going on and I can't seem to get a response from anyone at member support. Thank you!

denbesten
Community Champion

So, a recent recipient.  Welcome aboard.  This sounds like a mismatch between the (ISC)²  web site vs the PearsonVue web site.  If you have anything from PearsonVue showing your identifying details (Account#, Full Name, email address, etc.), it might be useful to include a screenshot along with your repair request to member support so they know which accounts to match up.

Do be aware that to participate in the election, you had to be an "(ISC)² certified member in good standing as of May 1, 2023".

jmg157
Newcomer II

Thank you, I didn't realize that about the voting, that makes sense.

As for Pearson, all of the information there matches. When I log into the (ISC)² portal, I can see my Member ID, print my certification, and even access the CPE portal. But anything that requires the learning management system (D2L) seems broken. Is D2L part of Pearson?

I know Credly is, so perhaps that explains the digital badge. But the information seems to match perfectly, and I previously received my (ISC)² Candidate badge without issue (before getting my CISSP).
denbesten
Community Champion

The fact that you can print your "digital certificate" rules out the particular failure mode I was suspecting, which has caused problems for may others before you and was caused by users entering different data into (ISC)² and PearsonVue, resulting in (ISC)² not being notified of their exam results.

Your problem appears different, with the (ISC)² provisioning process only partially completing.  One of the '"joys" of SAAS is getting all the integrations behaving and ensuring that provisioning happens properly.  I have seen that the digital badge has some manual provisioning components; looks like the D2L part must be similar.   

Hope that member support can get this straightened out for you. And, maybe they could lean on the IT admins to further automate provisioning with things like JIT and SCIM

jmg157
Newcomer II

That would be great! It seems like it might be a provisioning issue. I reached out to @AndreaMoore, but she said she couldn't see anything that would be preventing me from accessing the courses. Member support still has not replied and it's been over a week. I just took a screencast demonstrating the problem and send it to them as well, hoping that will get a response. Definitely frustrating, but hopefully it will get resolved eventually.