cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skhonig
Newcomer II

blocking email based on content

Hello

I am not sure where to post this request.  I was asked by a colleague if there is a 3rd party email blocker that blocks emails based on the content. 

I found that MS Outlook can:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/how-can-i-filter-emails-by-the-co...

and Yahoo:

mail: https://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/333054-how-block-words-phrases-yahoo-mail.html

I have not been able to find anything for GMail.  Just wondering if there is such a thing.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
Jaggy
Newcomer II

Hello,

Unfortunate that we do not have any such tool for Gmail, but you can block the sender if you don't want to receive any email from them.

In case you are fortunate enough to find the blocker, Please share with as well!

-Jaggy

Skhonig
Newcomer II

Unfortunately, blocking the sender only stops the messages for a little while.  The sender creates a new message and continues the harassment.

Shannon
Community Champion

It's possible with Gmail, but this assumes your organization has purchased a domain and services from Google.

Using GSuite Administrator, you can set rules manage accounts in your organization's domain and set rules for content compliance, attachment compliance, & so on.

Login to the GSuite administrator console to do the needful.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I'd keep a couple of accounts/addresses. One that you use to sign up for stuff and one that is essentially not widely shared that is in effect a 'clean skin'(at least a not widely known address) and use that for your critical stuff.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but if your email address is widely known, then I think it's easier than trying to manage inbound spam by manually configuring keyword filtering once the address is widely known it's very hard.

Skhonig
Newcomer II

This doesn’t work when its your business email that is receiving nasty messages.  (It’s not my email address but a friend of a colleague.)

Again, I am asking about blocking content not email address.

Skhonig
Newcomer II

Thank you Shannon!

I’ll pass this info on.

This is a perfect example of info sharing that I hope to see more of on these pages!