Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jburghard
Viewer

Research Participants

I am a doctoral candidate who is conducting research as a part of the degree requirements for a doctoral degree at Colorado Technical University (CTU) and I am in need of 12 participants to interview for this research. The research that is being conducted is examining the creation of a framework for credentialing cyber first responders similar to the credentialing systems of firefighters and law enforcement. The criteria that participants must meet is:

1. a CISSP;
  2. currently engaged in the IT profession;
  3. responsible for validating IT professionals’ certifications;
  4. has been a CISSP for a minimum of five years;
  5. familiarity with DoDD 8570; and
  6. works within the United States.

The research entails a face to face interview that will last approximately 60 minutes, and for this reason I am looking for participants within the Rocky Mountain Region. Also, as a part of this research, all participants will remain anonymous. If you are interested in being a participant and meet the requirements above, please contact me at james.burghard@student.ctuonline.edu or respond to this post.

Thanks so much for considering this opportunity.

James Burghard

ISC2 # 403352

1 Reply
jburghard
Viewer

I realized that I did not provide any details on my research, so here they are:

My research is looking to create a framework for cyber first responders that meets the requirements for incident response similar to firefighters, law enforcement, and EMS personnel. Following 9/11 the US adopted the National Incident Management System (NIMS) for the response to incidents at all levels of government, and in 2005 it was extended to "all-hazards." In 2014 with the signing of Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 41, Homeland Security created the National Cyber Incident Response Plan (NCIRP) which aligned a response to a cyber incident with NIMS as the newest all-hazards event. Currently, there is a response plan at the federal level, but nothing that local communities or states can do to respond to a cyber incident. My hope is to begin the process of creating a system to credential cyber first responders to ensure communities are ready for what may come in the future.