Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

Over-enthusiasm or system error?

Some of us were apprehensive about the usage of badges here, and while it has strengthened participation, I doubt it's been perfected yet...

Yesterday I got a notification saying I'd earned the 2018 Congress Attendee Badge --- but I've not been to the USA anytime recently, so either I've got a doppelgänger or there's been a system error. Anyone else have the same fortune?

I'd request the moderators to do the needful. Thanks.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
4 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

@Kaity / @SamanthaO_isc2, the mentioned badge still shows on my profile --- is it awarded for any other reason? If yes, please enlighten me; otherwise please remove it. Thanks.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Kaity
Community Manager

We'll look into this, Shannon!
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi @Shannon

I apologize for that, the badge has been removed from your profile as it was given in error.  We ask registrants to enter in their Community username during registration for Security Congress so this was likely awarded due to a typo in one of those entries. 

Again I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Shannon
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

I apologize for that, the badge has been removed from your profile as it was given in error.  We ask registrants to enter in their Community username during registration for Security Congress so this was likely awarded due to a typo in one of those entries. 

Thanks for clarifying that, and I can confirm that it's been removed now...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP