Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLACKKNIGHT
Viewer III

No new Certification cards?!?!

So my little certification card from ISC2 that I carry in my wallet expired on June 30, 2019. I inquired why I didn't get a new one when I recertified this year. I received an email that said "Please note we are no longer sending the physical certificate package for re-certified members beginning Feb. 2022 to support more sustainable and eco-conscious. 

Upon recertification, you can access a digital certificate with your new cycle dates by logging into your member account. Please be advised that cost is $35 USD for a physical certificate"

This is RIDICULOUS. We spend $100 a year on certification fees, and they can't afford to send us a little card in the mail once every 3 years to prove we are in good standing. Now I have to go online and hunt for it every time my employer wants to see it or spend another $35 for it???

4 Replies
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

I'd much rather have them develop an (ISC)2 android/apple app that I could easily pull that info up on my phone. Just like a digital business card app where they could scan the QR code to see your certs and member number. Most car insurance companies have the feature of downloading a digital copy of your car insurance as well. That's where I'd focus my resources.

BLACKKNIGHT
Viewer III

That would be nice, except for people in govt. who work in SCIFS.
Tess
Newcomer II

@tmekelburg1 wrote:

I'd much rather have them develop an (ISC)2 android/apple app that I could easily pull that info up on my phone. 

Why have each vendor make an app of their own? This is exactly what Credly / Accredible is for.

For example, here's my profile: https://www.credly.com/users/t-sluijter/badges 

That site provides proof for many of my industry certifications, all in one spot. It's trustworthy, it's vendor agnostic.

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

If they make an app just to check cert status, then it is a waste of money. The app would contain all of the same resources as the (ISC)2 website.