cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isc2jade
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone,

New to the community? Have a question? Or just want to tell us a little about yourself? Feel free to do so in this thread.

Jayda Shriver
Volunteer & Member Engagement Manager
186 Replies
kratzy11
Newcomer II

Hello,
I got my CISSP a few years back, actually before I became a US citizen. My original career was in medical research, but then I switched over to IT Security. I made the switch because I got really concerned about data security when I noticed how the large data sets with research subject information were being handled (this was prior to HIPAA).
I recently switched into a mix of working for a small company and doing some consulting on the side. My focus is compliance testing, risk assessments and, when I am lucky, I get to do some network security and incident response triage.
kevinkidder
Newcomer III

Hi everyone!

I am Kevin.  I just passed my SSCP exam, and am in the waiting period for the endorsement process. I have been in the IT field for about 23 years, and am now a Systems Engineer for a large law firm in New York. I have worked in the legal sector for about 15 years, and mostly state government prior to that.  I plan to begin studying for my CISSP soon, and will probably take that in the fall. I just need to evaluate if my IT background lines up with the time requirements for the CBK, although I suspect that it does.

My current role in the organization is general systems engineering, with some focus on document management systems, active directory, web services, and some heavy scripting. I am also now focused on security in the firm, and will be taking a more hands on approach to all things security related.

I am glad to be a part of the community and the ISC2 organization. 

Kevin

jordanpw
Newcomer III

Hi All

I just got my CISSP in September of last year. I also have the CASP, CEH, and MCSE: Security security relevant certifications. So far I'm very much enjoying the ISC2 community - this one, and in the broader sense.

I've been in tech roles from first to third level support, network management, network and security engineer, and IT consulting with SMBs for 20+ years. My two favorite subjects within IT ever since nearly Day 1 were mobile (way back in the days of PDAs and 'a computer in your pocket') and security. They still are.

Outside of work, I like to mention on profiles that I'm a husband, father, Labrador owner, Austinite, former Londoner, sports nut (playing and watching), and Commander of the Armies of the North. 

BenVanEngers
Viewer

Using the Internet does require skills.

I have a Microsoft Professional certificate.

It does require a notification of accounts.

Behaving on internet is expected of yourself.

Making a good chat is not easy.

Being friends on internet is social in real life.

isc2jade
Community Manager

Welcome to the (ISC)² Community, Jordan! We hope you find it beneficial in making connections, finding resources and keeping up to date on hot topics. Let us know if you have any questions and/or suggestions. Enjoy!
Jayda Shriver
Volunteer & Member Engagement Manager
HopkinsN
Viewer II

Hello All, 

Neil here and I am a CISSP as of January. 

I have worked in the Higher Education sector for the past 7.5 years. 

Cheers

Just joined and saying hello to the Group

21DX
Viewer

A shutout to fellow ISC2 Members!

Kaity
Community Manager

Welcome!
LA_2018
Viewer II

Hi,

I've more than 2 decades in integrated industrial electronic security systems industry with nationwide and international experience. Some of my expertise are: access control, CCTV and software development which requires servers, sequel and networks. Some of my past projects are governments, embassies, multinational companies and Telcos.

Thanks for accepting me to this IS community.

My name is Lito A. Aldeza.