cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isc2jade
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone,

New to the community? Have a question? Or just want to tell us a little about yourself? Feel free to do so in this thread.

Jayda Shriver
Volunteer & Member Engagement Manager
186 Replies
ThosMcMahon
Viewer

Hello, all!

I achieved my CISSP in 2007 and just found this community.  I'm glad to be a part of it.

For the last 10 years or so, I've been focused on Security Awareness and Training efforts.  I truly believe the people in the organization are the best defense against threats.  It's up to us to teach them to recognize this affect and give them the tools to succeed.

I look forward to discussing security topics with you all.

Tom McMahon

Sr. Security Analyst - Lowe's

thomas.mcmahon@lowes.com

Ayada
Viewer II

Hello All, I am Asha Latha. Hope you're well. New joiner for CISSP and I have opted for the self-paced online training. Is anyone interested in forming a study group? Hoping to take the exam by end of 2022.

MrITGus
Contributor I

Hello Everyone!

My name is Gus.  I am Senior Project Manager for a Worldwide Automation company.  I have been in IT for more than 20 years.  I started at the Cisco-TAC as a Network Engineer and growing professionally through the years as an IT Project Manager, then IT Transition & Transformation Project Manager until today that I am a Senior Project Manager.  I am also certified: Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute.  Including CompTIA Network+, Project+, Security+ certified.  I recently took and passed my Cybersecurity Certification exam with ISC2.  I enjoy learning something new everyday and I love to do a lot of  mentorship.   In my free time I am a plane spotter.  Looking forward to learn a lot here and share knowledge with other community members.  Thank you for reading this Introduction message.  Nice to meet you all. 

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Gus

shawnkhatcher
Viewer II

Hi Everyone,

I'm Shawn and I obtained the SSCP in March of 2020 officially.  I am currently in the job market, I have not had an official security position in my career, however I've been involved in providing security related services to organizations for a couple of decades, through various efforts. 

If anyone has any suggestions on the training options available to members that may have been relevant to you in finding a job, please PM me.  

Thanks,

david_s
Viewer II

Hi everyone, 

I'm David and am new to cybersecurity. Just did and passed my CC exam the other day, looking to learn as much as I can and to get involved in the industry.

I am an adult learner looking to make a career switch from hospitality/entrepreneur to cybersecurity. What drew me to cybersecurity? I've always been working for myself, and lately, I felt the urge to do something meaningful with my life for society as a whole. With the rapid advancement and 'normalcy' of technology and the internet, I realized that cybercrime, as a whole, is going to affect more and more people. And it's not something that cannot be prevented (or made more difficult for threat actors). Specifically, I am concerned about the spread of misinformation, identity theft, potential loss of lives, and simply the inconveniences (and often expensive) of being a victim of cybercrime. Fun note, my business website has been defaced once and held for ransom twice - however, these are not the sparks that drew me here. By the way, I just shut down my website.

As a father watching his kids growing up in the era of the internet, I realized that there are just going to be more victims if we do not do anything about it. For a start, we can make cyber-education a required curriculum to help young kids identify phishing/scams.

In short, I just want to be involved in a meaningful undertaking and be able to contribute to making the internet a safe(r) place for everyone.

I am thankful to find ISC2 and I fully subscribe to the Code of Ethics Canons. Also grateful that ISC2 has made cybersecurity a more accessible profession for those looking to get involved.

Looking forward to learning, working and having a good time here!

Cheers,

David S.

ambucorpz
Viewer II

I am currently the co-chair of the EMEA Advisory Council and the Privacy Workgroup Lead.

During the EMEA Security Summits, I lead a three hours workshop upon the EU General Data Protection Regulation.Implementation.

hellodear.in

t tv

JJSantos
Newcomer I

Hello there! I am Juan José Santos, currently I work as head of a Cyberintelligence department in a Spannish consultancy firm. I feel honoured to be accepted in this community. Many thanks.

Head of Cyber Intelligence

CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, ISO27001 Lead Auditor