cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isc2jade
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone,

New to the community? Have a question? Or just want to tell us a little about yourself? Feel free to do so in this thread.

Jayda Shriver
Volunteer & Member Engagement Manager
186 Replies
jenn
Viewer

hi!

Fisher-CMH
Viewer II

Just joined, wanted to say hello.

sitra
Viewer II

Just joined.

Hi everyone.

mmatty61
Viewer II

Hello,

My name is Mark Matty. I am currently a network administrator for the Kurt J Lesker Company, just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I have been at this company for almost 11 years now, doing what amounts to a little bit of everything associated with supporting a global company with over 350 employees.

KJLC is the largest company that I have worked for, with the other companies having a little as 10 employees to about 50. I have been in the industry since 1983 and have worked in many areas (maybe all areas) of IT in order to support staff and employees.

Over the past couple of years, I have focused on the security aspect of protecting company assets and teaching users about what the bad guys want to do to the corporate data. I am not a CISSP,... yet...But this Saturday morning, I plan on taking the certification test to see if I "Have what it takes" to be a certified security professional!

CyberEric7000
Viewer

New to the forums.  Almost ten years CISSP and still going strong.  I hope everyone had a great Cyber Security Awareness Month as we are wrapping it up for this year.

cgriffinc
Viewer

Hello Hello

Expl01t
Newcomer I

I will say 'Hello' as I have just joined as well. 

jodoco
Viewer

Me too!

Wolf
Reader I

Hello,

I'm not a real Wolf, just got excited that I could choose my own username and 'Wolf' was available.  Now I feel like I've turned up to a black tie event in fancy dress.  Any road, I'm sticking with it.

I've been a CISSP since 2012 but have been involved with IT security for much longer.  Having worked in 27001 accredited businesses for the last 15 years I now find myself in a business in a quaint part of England who have little experience of the terrifying world of information security. This brings with it a number of challenges, albeit very interesting ones.

Nice to meet you all.

<Howl>

Pro-Tech
Reader I

Hello ISC2 Fam!

Anwar Shahid CISSP.jpgMy name is Anwar Shahid CISSP, SSCP, CHFI, ITIL and I am originally from Atlanta, GA now residing, since 1996 in Montgomery, AL with my wife Attorney LaKesha B Shahid. I've been a member of ISC2 since 2009 and have held the CISSP since 2010.  I'm an Army Reserve Veteran currently working as a Cybersecurity Consultant supporting the Air Force. I am the CEO/Principal Cybersecurity Consultant of Propelled Technologies VOSB DBE MBE BBB. I hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems from Alabama State University. I’m also a part time SNBF Bodybuilding competitor. Glad to be a part of the community and looking forward to some intelligent forward thinking cybersecurity discussions. Nice to meet you!