Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notetaker
Newcomer II

ISC2 scam

I passed the HCISPP exam in June 2018. I submitted documents they asked for to verify experience and dates. They kept asking for more and more documents, so I submitted sales receipts, a contract, and even a letter from my assistant to explain my job duties. They kept saying it’s not acceptable.

I’m not a corporation; I can’t get a supervisor to write a letter for me. Also, ISC2 requires another credentialed member to “sponsor” the candidate, but since I don’t know anyone who has the HCISPP credential, I had to use them (ISC2) as my sponsor. It sounds like a good-ol-boy system, where outsiders aren’t welcome.

It seems they want my proprietary information or trade secrets. I suppose since I didn’t take their $4,000 training program and walked in off the street and passed their exam, they find it hard to believe someone who’s not been working “in their world” could pass the muster. Given the fact that I am a sole proprietor and entrepreneur and not a player of their corporate world, they seem to have some bias against me.

They don’t even have the common courtesy to return a phone call as I requested.

This is my welcome to ISC2. 

27 Replies
notetaker
Newcomer II

@Shannon wrote:

@notetaker,it appears that you're venting out your frustrations on multiple sections of this forum; please avoid doing that. You can either communicate directly with their Customer Support, or else create a new post on the section for Member Support, detailing your case.

What are you, a liberal? You don't like hearing comments from others regarding the quality of service received? Get used to it. I have a right to post on this forum, and you don't own it. Take your advice and directions and shove it! You're a crony. Thanks for sharing your LinkedIn...now we can know where to find you.

notetaker
Newcomer II

You don't own the board and you have no legitimacy here. I can and will post as I choose. If you don't like it, don't use this board. One thing's for sure: You're not going to tell me what I can and can't do. Save your trolling for those who give a hoot! 

notetaker
Newcomer II

When an organization doesn't have the common courtesy to return a phone call to discuss an issue, you know they're corrupt and unethical.

This isn't defamatory, it's fact. And facts will be shown in court. You may allow others to defraud you, but I won't have it. 

denbesten
Community Champion

@notetaker (Derek Hooker),

There are a bit over 1000 HCISPPs and about 130,000 other (ISC)² certificate holders that have all successfully demonstrated "N-years cumulative paid work experience in one or more knowledge areas of the CBK", at least 12,000 of whom are on this community.  And yes, a certain percentage will have worked solely on a consulting basis.  

Think of this like landing a new client, but with the added requirement that you be able to demonstrate your claims. So, when report having spent 6 months helping Contoso Labs perform 3rd party risk assessments be prepared to supply evidence, such as a copy of your contract, your weekly status reports, the 1099 (to prove the work was "paid"), contact information for a reference at Contoso or maybe even a written recommendation from your primary contact at Contoso.

Seeing that you are new here (your community account was created today), I get that you have not had a chance to absorb the culture of this community.  There are a whole bunch of friendly, helpful members that follow all of the groups and often have all new posts sent to their email.  As a result, many of us received 5 nearly identical emails over the course of an hour.  It would have served all of us (including yourself) much better had you started a new topic and posted just one copy.  Also, it is important to realize that much of this board is visible to future clients and employers with a simple Google search.  If you wish to revise your posts, there is an "edit" option under the three-dot menu to the right of your posting.  Deleting a post is accomplished by selecting "report inappropriate content" from the same menu.

j_M007
Community Champion

You are very upset, and I understand that.

Letting off steam like this may feel good for a while, but see if you can control some of the emotion. I have been in your position before for other certifications. Some I got, others not so much. I had to suck it up and keep on truckin'.

If you can do an analysis of what (the rather stringent) requirements are and compare them to your situation, this may help you to put it in perspective.

As a professional organization, the members wish to act in good faith and to assist, Remember, these are your colleagues and potential customers: professionals across all industries have great respect for those who keep going

A passing grade allows you to get the experience needed to attain CISSP via the Associate of (ISC_2 credential). This may be the first place to go as you continue to accumulate experience.

I wish you excellent success and continual improvement on your way to achieve your goals.

billclancy
Contributor I

Been in IT a long time and as others have mentioned, the requirements for degrees seem to ebb and flow with the economic picture. I have no degree, but I have lots of formal education in electronics, and some pretty popular IT/Security certifications. That being said...just about 2 months ago my program manager took me aside and reminded me that I didn't have a 4 year degree, and that that would make it difficult for him to get me a raise this year. Three weeks later I had three written offers in my hand, and I showed them to him before submitting a letter of resignation. He offered to "Meet me in the middle". Really? I took the 15k raise and headed off to another contract, and I'd do it again. That's how this game works. 

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@notetaker That’s pretty much the non sequitur in that there are many reasons for not returning a phone call, and my experience tell me that corrupt an unethical are probably not the only or even the main ones. I’m sure that many corrupt and unethical people are in the balance quite good about returning calls.

I’d disagree with you on your statements being proven as fact(I’d say they are a firmly held opinion), or that I would allow myself to be defrauded. However if you genuinely feel that you have been defrauded you have accurately identified that you have recourse to the law, and can litigate and present evidence to try to prove your claim.

notetaker
Newcomer II

And that's why you're a slave to others. You create nothing original and come from the same lot of group think. 

notetaker
Newcomer II

So you're one of those who can read people's emotions online, eh? Where did you get your psychology degree? From ISC2? I won't be doing business with anyone who holds a credential from this fraudulent organization. You've shown that you condone fraud and the good-ol-boy system. Who would want to do business with that type? Now I understand clearly why people choose AHIMA for their credentials.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Well, actually I came from just over there, it seems to me like it was just a little while ago...