cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelsim
Newcomer I

Cyber security & aviation

Dear community,

Does anybody have an experience on cybersecurity for aviation ?

On my point of view, this is a domain with great opportunities and lot of things to do, and I would like to share experiences on it.

Rgds

Michaël

8 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

In my experience security practitioners around all forms of aviation are notoriously tight-lipped. Even when they are given several drinks and a kebab they refuse to discuss much.

However, if you went to work for someone like these guys then you might find out more, but you might not talk too much about it afterward:

https://www.sita.aero/about-us/who-we-are

Pbeaucha
Viewer

I am currently working in Cybersecurity in the air traffic navigation field..
ScottK
Viewer

I would start with the community that is already established - the A-ISAC community

https://www.a-isac.com

~Scott

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Hi Scott, Do they have an individual membership option?

michaelsim
Newcomer I

Hi Scott,

Very interesting link.. But how can we participate to this community ?

Rgds

Michaël

michaelsim
Newcomer I

Thanks for your reply. Acccording to our experience, what is the maturity and the level of senzibilisation of this sector ?

Pbeaucha
Viewer

In my experience, the industry benefits from highly mature processes, procedures and regulations that have been established over time; but like other core undustries like telco, financial and government suffers from a fair amount of legacy infrastructure that is highly specific and difficult to simply replace. The industry places security and safety as high priorities at top levels as a whole, and is strategically initiating a number of objectives to keep up with digital transformation initiatives with a high degree of discussion on security while investigating those initiatives.
CJM
Newcomer I

Hi Michael @michaelsim 

I know this is a really old post, but wondered if it was still alive?

In my current role I am responsible for the DO326A/DO355 application to new aircraft design. I am also heading up the concept of embedding DevSecOPs along with a few other colleagues who have software experience.

If still relevant, anything you are specifically looking for?

Regards