Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeClark
Newcomer II

Cyber attacks to steal our identity

Nowadays we are getting a lot of anonymous calls and emails from various sources. Most of them are traps to steal money and to know our personal details. How we can identify these things. Is there any way to prevent this? Somebody sending emails by including our personal data. How they are getting this kind of information? Recently I read a blog about identity theft . Some people are collecting our personal data to steal our identity and accessing our bank accounts. This is really scaring. How can we save ourselves from all these?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

explainer video

1 Reply
QuangLuong
Newcomer I

Bank institutions or government agencies will never call and ask for your personal information.  If they are anonymous (or even pose to be valid institutions), you should still never give out anything.  That's your simple answer.  Just say no and hang up.

In government or corporations, we have digital certificate signing and encryption system that allows you to verify the sender.  Even then, you should be cautious as you can still have phishing attempts by valid employees.  Especially if their system have been compromised.  Best way to protect yourself is to protect your information.

And even then... your information can still be stolen.  Bank institutions and government servers have been hacked all the time.  That's why cybersecurity is so important, and will only become more critical as technology (and adversaries) evolve.