Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

Ransomware in 2022: We're all Screwed

Over the past year ransomware operators have evolved from being disorganized splinter groups to highly sophisticated operators in the Cloud. Could that be the result of "Mafia" organizations that now control much of the cybercrime space or is it a result of better Ransomware-as-Service (RaaS) operations?

Interestingly enough Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) operators are evolving their business model to include old style "New Jersey" techniques. You need protection? We have you covered! Pay us your insurance premiums and you will be guaranteed to be "whitelisted" and not targeted by any RaaS.

Operators are creatively monetizing their services and that is what is next to come. Get ready, because 2022 is here. Happy New Year!

3 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Happy New Year, this resonates @AppDefects 

I would also like to add Jackware Ransomware too - which I published about aiming for IoT, and IoMT and OT embedded systems, which is likely to cause major disruption to many smart buildings, and essential services:

https://home.sophos.com/en-us/security-news/2021/what-is-jackware

If countries, do not get inspired to sort this out, (this is a team sport) then cyber-criminals will be the new mega millionaires in 2022 and beyond.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Calvert
Viewer

ZDNet Facebook Twitter LinkedIn ZDNet Tech Today December 13, 2021 placeholder Log4j flaw Attackers are making thousands of attempts to exploit this severer.

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@Les9644Imagine going up to the CISO or C-Suite and stating the title "Ransonware in 2022:  We're all Screwed" - that should grab their attention on Monday morning!!

Anyone prepared to try it out with some preparation.  I would be interested in the reaction you receive and whether it resonated with them or was simply put on the bookshelf? 

Regards

Caute_Cautim