Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

Cyber Attacks 2022

2022 is not looking great in terms of cyber attacks and data breaches:

4 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Frightening list really.  Sadly the types of attacks on home users are rarely covered.

Thanks

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@Woodall @AppDefects @dcontesti However, increasingly such attacks are increasingly being used against individuals mobile phones, social media interactions via intimation, bullying, and even at school environments or even organisational institutes themselves?

Who counts the costs and impacts of such attacks, rather than concentrating on companies, organisations subject to issues such as ransomware.  What about Joe Public? 

For instance does you respective nations have legislation protecting individuals against harmful communications? 

https://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/civil/harmful-digital-communications/

Regards

Caute_Cautim

dcontesti
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim In Canada, we have several laws/regulations that concern people and data.  One is PIPEDA, which covers privacy of data, however several provinces have laws in place that exceed the standards defined in PIPEDA.

Additionally, we have Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) that protects consumers and businesses from the misuse of digital technology, including spam and other electronic threats.

We also have the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

I would love to see (ISC)2 or another organization, work with governments to define a set of laws that are consistent and easily understood by everyone. (I know, I know, yes I am a dreamer) but it would be nice if there was some common language available.

My two cents, navigating all the laws, standards, etc. that are in place can be difficult for a seasoned professional let alone someone with no experience.

d

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@dcontestiGreat thoughts, however, until NLP is fully available to everyone, I cannot see that happening for some time.   Especially as even New Zealand has its traditional issues such as Maori and the Waitangi Treaty between the British and the Polynesian's who are a small minority, but have huge ambitions and influence.

Some parts of the world still have tribal cultures, where tradition is very key along with their associated language too.  There are still parts of the world, where the traditional round house, is used for judging others despite modern Westernised laws and legislation.   For example the Pacific Islands, Western Samoa, American Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands and a few others etc.

Regards

Caute_Cautim