cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

Cheating in CISSP exams

Hello everyone,

Below is the serious threat to ISC2’s examination system.

I have come to notice some cheaters getting CISSP certificates without qualifications.

To verify this: I made a new LinkedIn account and joined some cyber security groups.

Result: I received many messages stating that they will give the exam for me and I will receive the certificate within a week, that would come at a cost of course but no preparation or headaches needed.

They also offered me a certificate first, pay afterwards deal.

This will be a big hit to the reputation of ISC2’s credibility, where the value of the expensive certificates from ISC2 will become nil.

Ask any question you might have.

Regards,

19 Replies
Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

Yes. That’s what is happening, people registering for the exams and giving the exams are different. It is the case where I give money to some other people to register me and give exams in my place to bypass ISC2 security mechanisms.
Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

Yeah and it causes headaches receiving so much of fraudulent messages and all that Illegal stuff, they offer causes tension.
Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

I don’t think many people are that unaware about these things. Especially with all the digital batches and stuff that can’t be forged and shows up in the ISC profile.
           And they say they will give the exam in my place first and I can transfer the money after verifying the certificates And credentials.

Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

How did you do that? Thorough account suspension or reporting them to cyber police.
Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

Hello Ma’am,

I don’t know if this kind of thing comes under the ethics section but I have updated my post with conversation screenshots that might contain an instructor’s name or his broker’s.

Please do check. Thank you for your bearing and patience with my problem.

Regards,
Shailendra
denbesten
Community Champion

A few things:

1. It is unethical to publicly disclose somebody else's PII (Personal Identifiable Information) without their consent.  This is true regardless of if you believe the person is a bad actor.  Please edit your screenshots to blur the phone number and last name of the person with whom you are communicating.
  2. Please use the "quote" button to include just a bit of context when you are replying to a specific post.  Many of us sort by "newest first", so context is not immediately obvious.
  3. @AndreaMoore is absolutely correct that this is an "ethics" issue, although the link she included does not make it very obvious how to report.  Buried at the top of the page is another link, Report Exam and Test Center Fraud. Please use this to submit a formal complaint for investigation.

Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

What I’m doing is reporting the unethical person’s identifiable information, I have highlighted it in red.
I thought I might not just hide these kind of things and somebody might help me in the process because the evidence is just right up there.
You can report it too.
I don’t know what you are talking about. Something’s are to be talked openly. I can’t see your username @denbesten, you too might be in league of those people.

You might as well ask me to delete my post champion, and I might do so.

denbesten
Community Champion

@Shailendraosk wrote:

You might as well ask me to delete my post champion, and I might do so.

I am not going to ask that you delete the post.  There is value in us security professionals seeing, discussing and learning from an adversary's tools and techniques.  However, including their PII does not further that discussion.  You might also consider that without blurring you effectively are advertising for the adversary.

(ISC)² has official channels to report this behavior and ensure it gets to the proper people.  It is best that they receive original unaltered evidence directly from the witness.  Although I could forward ("hearsay") the one piece you posted, it is much better that you submit a formal report for each of the "many" you mentioned. 

Shailendraosk
Newcomer I

@denbesten, you are really a champion at modifying and repeating a person’s words. I have seen it in all the posts you posted.

The way you behave is more like a troll.

Good luck! With the trolling.
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello all, 

Thank you for being diligent and reporting unethical situations. However, posting here or other social media sites is not following proper procedures. Please only report using the ethics link I posted earlier. 

I'll turn off commenting as this seems to be getting contentious. Please remember to be polite and professional in all communication on this site. 

Thank you. 

ISC2 Community Manager