cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Chain threat

Hi All

Where ever you reside, good luck with the roll out of COVID-19 vaccines, but watch out for this new threat:

https://securityintelligence.com/posts/ibm-uncovers-global-phishing-covid-19-vaccine-cold-chain/

These cowards stoop to new lows, to attack people - totally immoral!@!!!

Best regards

Caute_cautim

3 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim I will admit that I did not take the time to read it because I felt like I did not need to! I feel that laws need to be passed to the point of a life sentence for any trying to make money or exploit the current health issue! To me this just shows the lowest of the low!

Forgive me it's been a long day of trying to help people..

John-

dcontesti
Community Champion

My take is that these folks are nasty but then there are folks that will do anything to make money and they do not understand or do not want to understand the consequences.

I recently did some work on a scam that was being done on a dating site.....OH lordy, stay away from those places.

I created a profile similar to two folks that were being bilked out of money.  Sure enough, I was approached......they chat you up, want you to join them on other social media sites, act like your friend, tell you a story that they will be home soon and that the first person they will see is you (made my husband rather upset) and then when they think that they have their hooks in you, they request for money/gifts/etc. start.  In my case for a mere $3,000 I could receive a package containing $12 Million ..........wow..

So long story short, we were able to track this one, have them arrested and stopped the insanity with two ladies in their 70s who had already shelled out over $100,000 to them (I say them as I am sure they have scripts that they work off).

So if criminals will attempt to talk little old ladies into giving them their money, I have no faith that these same people will not try to use whatever means to earn money and they have no moral fibre.

Sorry to be a little off track but I lump all these folk into the same basket.........

d

JKWiniger
Community Champion

@dcontesti I guess the first thing I want to say is thank you for sharing, and I will repay your kindness with my own. I had someone tell me this whole story and it became a major red flag when they asked if I knew what a Crypto ATM what?!?! I have gotten myself into trouble in the past because for some reason I thing all people are like me, but they are not. I see life as a very hard place and I try to help others where and when I can. This goes back IDK 30 year when I see a car broken down on the highway and I stopped to help only to find an elderly gentleman took off walking to get help. I found him and provided the help that I could, but this is the kind of thing that makes me feel weird because why don't people do this?!?! I don't seem to be able to understand how or why people are bad to each others...

At times I'm not fully awake, but right now maybe it's over tired because it has been a long few days..

John-