Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pienske8500
Newcomer I

Web browser plug-in that tracks what websites are consult when you surf the internet.

Hello all,

A few years ago a found a web browser plug-in that showed me when I surfed to a certain website what other websites are consulted in the background.

I can't find the plug-in back... and I forgot the name of the plug-in. 

Maybe one of you can help me with this one.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards.

JL

5 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

Which browser or any browser?
Pienske8500
Newcomer I

Not sure but I think it was a Firefox plug-in - but not 100% sure ... 

denbesten
Community Champion

Most of the modern desktop browsers have some sort of "developer tools" (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) that will show you all the network traffic associated with a page load.  Really useful if you want to get deep into the weeds. Less so if you are looking for summarized information.

Years ago, all the browsers implemented developer tools as a plugin, but anymore it is built in so perhaps this is the "plugin" for which you are looking.

Pienske8500
Newcomer I

Thanks for the replies.

But the plug-in I am looking for is making a graphical overview (in a nice GUI) of what sites are consulted once you surf to a certain website. A very good example was Facebook... once you reached Facebook.com you saw in the tool that there were a lot of connections to other sites created in the background ... if I remember well... I had 73 connections created, just by surfing to one site :-S ...

Pienske8500
Newcomer I

Hello,

I have good and bad news... 

The good news is that I found the name of the plug-in (and it was idd a Firefox plug-in), it's Lightbeam - see Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightbeam_(software)

The less good news is that they stopped working on the plug-in.

There looks to be an alternative. But it's not really the same as it was before.

Thanks a lot to all people that helped extend my memory :-).