cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvalle
Viewer

Network Security Feedback

Hi Everybody,

My name is Cody Valle and I'm new to the community here. I’m in the process of doing some research on network security in hopes of building an open source solution that would enable organizations to better protect their systems and and help ensure compliance using microsegmentation.

If anybody is willing to help out, I’d love to speak with you to better understand your thoughts on microseg as well as other daily challenges to build a better solution that serves the community. 

2 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

It'll be difficult to get a lot of data for this in practice as most organisation will be heavily invested in VLANs, VRFs, Firewalls and ACL management and won't have purchased an SDN.  The current move is from on premise to cloud via hybrid solutions for most enterprises and it'll take a significant shift to tip the balance towards SDN/microsegmentation to the existing investment in infrastructure, processes and people.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
cvalle
Viewer

Thank you for that, Steve. That's exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for along with better understanding other day-to-day challenges for network security professionals.