Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emb021
Advocate I

ISC2's Infosec Professional Magazine no more?

(sorry if this is the wrong board, didn't see one for ISC2-only related matters).

So is ISC2's Infosec Professional Magazine no more?

I went to look for the Jan/Feb 2023 issue to read it and do the quiz, but its not there.  The last issue is the Nov/Dec 2022 issue.  I looked around for any kind of announcement that that is the last issue.

Did I miss something?

thanks!

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
14 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

You may have missed the announcement that they were changing the format of the Magazine.  I believe the last issue was Nov/Dec 2022.

@AndreaMoore Can you update what is happening?

Thanks

d

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Thanks for tagging me.

Yes, we've revamped the Magazine into more of a news site. This is an exciting update; you'll be able to read and access news in a timely fashion and you can even contribute. Learn more about it from a write up on our blog where we have FAQs as well.

https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2023/02/isc2-members-at-the-center-of-cybersecurity-content-2023.htm... 

ISC2 Community Manager
emb021
Advocate I

Ok.

Except we now lose out on longer, more in-depth articles.

Not sure how this will new method for CPEs will work.

Guess I'll start using some of my other mags for CPEs like my ISSA magazine.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
DHerrmann
Contributor II

I much prefer the older version.   The new one is bells and whistles, but the old (PDF) format was a professional journal.   

DHerrmann
Contributor II

Confusing guidance here.  This implies the quizzes will be based on features and longer-read content and NOT on the bi-monthly magazine.   Is that true?

What about the CPE Credits for reading, will I still be able to get them? 

Yes, you can. The CPE quiz is not going away and the number of CPEs you can earn is not changing, but the quiz format is changing slightly. A new quiz will be published every two months (the same frequency as it was with InfoSecurity Professional magazine) but will be based only on features and longer-read content we have published in the two months prior to the quiz being posted. Each quiz will be available for 12 months, after which each quiz will be retired. We are also applying the same policy to the legacy quizzes associated with issues of InfoSecurity Professional. As of today, only the last six issues (12 months) of InfoSecurity Professional have a quiz attached to them, and we will be withdrawing those quizzes gradually on a bi-monthly basis as the 12-month time limit is reached. At the same time, we will be publishing new quizzes based on our new long read content, so you will always have 12 months of quizzes available to earn CPEs. The CPE quiz will still be the same format of 10 multiple-choice questions and new quizzes will be announced via email newsletter and on the News and Insights homepage

DHerrmann
Contributor II

It's now impossible to search in the magazine.   Let's say I want to search for, "security champions " - nope, can't seen to search now.   

PS - " security champions " is documented in the most recent magazine, but I'm unable to search for it.

DHerrmann
Contributor II

Last thing - "Bring me to the quiz" should probably be "Take me to the quiz"

ChrisGreen
ISC2 Team

Hello everyone

I'm pleased to announce that the first CPE credit content quiz of 2023 is now live:

https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2023/03/earn-cpe-credits-for-reading-isc2-news-and-insights.html

As you know, we've moved away from the bi-monthly periodical magazine to publishing more frequently on the web at https://www.isc2.org/news. The quiz remains in the same format, with the same number of CPE credits available for passing and will be available for the next 12 months. As there is no longer a self-contained magazine, to keep it achievable and based on roughly the same amount of core content, we've based all the questions on the features and columns we've posted at https://www.isc2.org/news over the past two months (January and February 2023). Everything you need to know is the blog post above, but please do contact us or post here if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Chris Green

DHerrmann
Contributor II

How exactly am I supposed to find information on hiring CyberSecurity interns in all articles published in the last 2 months?   (This is a question from the current test).

Seriously - let's say I read 8 weeks of articles over 8 weeks - the odds of memorizing every paragraph of every article is almost zero.   Therefore, we need to go back and find the document that contains the author's view of hiring interns to answer the question properly.

How can we search for that type of information?