Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmreAtes
Newcomer III

Cloud Professional

Hello All, before starting the write, let me tell you i have been preparing over 3 months for CCSP.

but, as i read books, (sybex, all in one, ccsp study, yes i have study all 3 books chapter by chapter) i think the idea but no technical or hands on experience about cloud.

let me give an example, you should know the security gaps yes, but how?, how to remediate situation, since both cissp and ccsp gives you insight to solve the problem

im a bit scary about being cloud professional without knowing experience related wiht AWS/Google or Azure.i have already cissp but 5 years i dealt with on premise security concepts not only technical but also strategical view. so in my opinion someone who wants to be cloud pro he or she first complete any cloud provider's hands on experince at least 1 year. after having some concepts the certification give more insight to drive cloud resources, also in my opinion i do not want a pro with ccsp certificate (since if you really study hard you can pass the exam) without any cloud experince.

i have no cloud experince in addition

best regards

1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I agree that they should maybe stop allowing the CISSP to act as a waiver for all 5 years of experience the CCSP requires for the very reason you point out that someone may not have ever touched a cloud deployment but could theoretically become certified as a CCSP by virtue of them being a CISSP.

However, I would say the CCSP exam is tough enough to weed out those with no real-world cloud experience - I still maintain that of the five ISC2 certs I hold, the CCSP exam was by far the most difficult.