Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raftar
Viewer

Is it worth it to get SSCP if I already have CySA+, Sec+, and Net+?

Hello everyone,,

I am graduating in December and would like to acquire another cert before then, since I have time at my security internship to study. I’ve heard SSCP and Sec+ are pretty similar and most other certs out there seem that it will take much more time to study than I can allot. Is it worth my time and money to study for SSCP?

4 Replies
Until_then
Contributor I

Yes because it'll make you stand out that much more over another candidate.
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

The SSCP cert can be used to satisfy all 60 CEU's for the CySA+. It looks like CompTIA sees the SSCP cert at the same level or higher, so I'd say it would be worth it. There are also a lot more benefits of being an ISC(2) member over CompTIA as well.

sergeling
Contributor I

Go for it, but make sure to review the experience requirement from (isc)2 website below:

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/SSCP/experience-requirements

It gives you a heads up and can start to prepare necessary documents for work experience.

JKWiniger
Community Champion

I'm just going to be me because it's the only way I know how to be!

You can do searches and see how many jobs look for each cert, you can look at what you would learn from each cert and see if one is more appealing, but what it really comes down to is you! There was a time when I had so many certs in my autosig my friends would laugh and say it looked like alphabet soup! Did I use them all.. nope, it's not really about the cert as I have learned it's about you! I don't know if you ever heard of paper people or paper certs, where someone has a cert but they don't have the depth of knowledge to back it up. Look at any of these certs and ask yourself what will it teach me and will I really use it! For too long I was too broad just learning and going after everything because well, I love to learn, but I bit more focus might have been better. Granted learning as much as I have makes me able to converse and understand a large area but that has been more of a product of being a life learner.

Just my .02

John-