Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landog
Viewer

"free" OWASP TOP 10 course

I have viewed the first part of the OWASP TOP 10 course - which is supposedly free to ISC(2) members.

When I try to view the next section, I get: "I hope you have enjoyed this free course...." and no way to view the rest of the course.

The vendor did not reply to emails. I'd really like to take the course. Can you help?

Thanks!

4 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Where is this free course?

Not seeing it in the PDI or at owasp.org.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
landog
Viewer

Members
CPE Opportunities
expand Professional Development Institute
expand Training:

Self-Paced Training - Free or Discounted for (ISC)² Members
Explore and earn CPEs at your convenience:
OWASP Top 10 is a language agnostic course that dives into concepts for web application threats & vulnerabilities, and the best practices & strategies to defend against them. OWASP Top 10 is a 2 hour course available to you free of charge!

emb021
Advocate I

@landog wrote:

Members
CPE Opportunities
expand Professional Development Institute
expand Training:

Self-Paced Training - Free or Discounted for (ISC)² Members
Explore and earn CPEs at your convenience:
OWASP Top 10 is a language agnostic course that dives into concepts for web application threats & vulnerabilities, and the best practices & strategies to defend against them. OWASP Top 10 is a 2 hour course available to you free of charge!

Actually, its under Training NOT PDI.  Those are separate expandables.

I see the vendor is SecurityCompass.  Perhaps the account you setup on their site doesn't understand that you are an ISC2 member?  If not, hopefully they or ISC Customer service can respond.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
emb021
Advocate I

@landog wrote:

I have viewed the first part of the OWASP TOP 10 course - which is supposedly free to ISC(2) members.

When I try to view the next section, I get: "I hope you have enjoyed this free course...." and no way to view the rest of the course.

The vendor did not reply to emails. I'd really like to take the course. Can you help?

Thanks!

The way it seems to work is you have to go back to the main part of the course and select the next session to go to.

When you finish a session, it doesn't take you to the next one.

I think its more an error in how they laid it out.

I had no problem going thru the first section, Injection (tho the quiz wasn't available to me), and then I went to the next session by going back to the main menu for the course.

---