Newcomer I

how to publish Exam passed but Pending endorcement to potential employer

3 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

Ganesh,

Good question.

How about a statement along the lines of

"Currently pursuing professional certification from (ISC)2. Passed examination on mo/day/year; awaiting full endorsement. Expect certification within six months."

Just avoid naming the certification specifically, because (ISC)2 really doesn't want you to use the term if you are not yet certified.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
adhneya
Newcomer I

Thank you for reply Cragin.

If i can not mention CISSP, it might not be useful , may be I should just wait until review completes.

CraginS
Defender I

@adhneya wrote:

If i can not mention CISSP, it might not be useful , may be I should just wait until review completes.

Ganesh, 

I recommend you go ahead and use a statement similar to my suggestion. While you cannot use the CISSP name in published material (printed or online), if you get an interview they will ask you which exam, and you  can certainly tell them it was for CISSP. Also, since CISSP is the best known of the (ISC)2 certifications, they may assume you meant that. 

Keep in mind that the reason (ISC)2 is so hard over on not using the name unless certified, is they do not want anyone reading a resume or LinkedIn profile too quickly and mistakenly thinking the person is a CISSP, or a fraudulent claim of being certified.

In your case, it will be clear you are not claiming the certification, and yet convey to the employer that you are working on a well thought out professional development program..  a big plus in hiring decisions.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts