cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaveh
Newcomer II

from Associate to Member

Hello CISSP folks! 🙂

glad to be (partially) part of this professional community, a couple of weeks ago passed the exam and I was wondering how would be easy to go from Associate to Membership.

I have got 4+ years of experience but the problem is that I will be able to fulfil 5 year only a month after deadline (technically I have 13+ years of experience but I was owner of a security company with tight NDAs with my customers so I am not able to disclose their names!).

in other words, 9 months deadline to submit documents (aka endorsement process) is October 2020 but I will be a full-time 5-year security professional by November 2020.

I thought this is not a big deal as I am not in rush (although I will lose my employer assistance in the path to ISSMP) so I could go for Associate, that is why my question is: how it is easy to switch between Associate and Member?

thank you,

Kaveh

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi @Kaveh, and welcome!

Firstly, many congratulations on provisionally passing the CISSP exam!

Just to clarify, you have 9 months to complete the endorsement process, so that includes the full endorsement application processing time which you have no control over, and currently takes over 6 weeks to complete. So, really you're 2.5 months short of the experience.

To counter this, when you submit your application, you don't need to include any client names in your experience details so you may be able to include some of the experience you think you can't.

The actual process to move from Associate to full Member is just a case of going through the endorsement process again, but this time showing you have the full 5 years of experience. Once you do that, you'll be asked to pay $75 - the difference in the Associate $50 annual maintenance fee (AMF) and the full Member $125 AMF - after which you'll be a full CISSP.

Kaveh
Newcomer II

thanks for reply. that 2.5 was tricky and good to know 

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

Just to clarify, you have 9 months to complete the endorsement process, so that includes the full endorsement application processing time which you have no control over, and currently takes over 6 weeks to complete. So, really you're 2.5 months short of the experience.