Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gustav0
Newcomer I

Website suddenly stopped allowing me to register CPEs

Everything was going well updating CPEs until suddenly the ISC2 system stopped accepting any kind of CPE submission.

I received an email few weeks back that I needed to submit CPEs by March 31st. I realised this deadline was fast approaching and started submitting my CPEs immediately after paying the AMF (today).

I am now worried about my certification being suspended due to some fault on ISC2's website. I tried different browsers on different computers, but nothing seems to allow me to submit CPEs.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Can @isc2 identify what is happening to the system?

6 Replies
washide
Newcomer I

As you commented on my post, we're both having the same experience. Now this morning, I'm having issues even authenticating to the website. This has been happening off and on over the last week. When trying to authenticate to the website, it sends you to isc2org.okta.com asking you to create an account and fill out security questions. Very frustrating.

washide
Newcomer I

And I also noticed that the list of choices under the "education" option are duplicated. Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 8.13.48 AM.png

Gustav0
Newcomer I

@washide , everything looks like the same to me as you have been experiencing. I had to create a new account on Okta and CPE options also appear duplicate to me as well 😕 I wonder if @isc2 would have an update for us.

washide
Newcomer I

@Gustav0  I had to call the support number (https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#) and speak with someone on this issue. I would recommend you do this as no one from isc2 seems to promptly respond to this community's postings.

She put me on hold for a few minutes after speaking with their "technical" team. That team said they could see nothing wrong (although there is definitely a problem).

The CPE submissions I'd submitted were visible to her even though they don't appear on the portal to me. From there, she was able to submit them for me. I still had one more to submit which I have done. I am now waiting to hear back from her to confirm that submission as well as to confirm that I have fulfilled all of the requirements for the previous period (2017-2019) as the portal still shows I am short by 12.5 CPE.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@washide @Gustav0 can you each private message me your member IDs, please? I'll have Member Support look into this. 

Thanks,

Andrea

ISC2 Community Manager
Gustav0
Newcomer I

@washide thank you so much for your help 😉 I did ring the Member Support team and they were able to submit the Draft CPEs (even though the CPEs were not showing up in the Draft section of the Website). Soon after that I also received a response to my previous email to them.

@AndreaMoore thanks for replying here as well, but it seems the problem has been resolved (at least for now). Dashboard is now showing completed CPEs for all three years.

Look forward to seeing the website displaying a new 3yr cycle over the oncoming days.

It looks like the tech team may need to fix a few glitches which still remain though.

Thanks again for all your help 😛

All the best to you both and stay safe