Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hipsterdylan
Newcomer I

Unable to complete CPEs this year

Hi, due to the pandemic and a lot of other family matters earlier this year, I was unable to complete my CPEs and I assume my membership has froze or lapsed. I am still a paid member, just wasn't able to work on this with all the drama.

I recently got resituated, new apartment, job and city and am trying to get my account back to good standing. I can see that I failed to complete my required CPE credits, but my account is still active. I emailed "support" but never got a reply back. Any advice? I can't find any links regarding this matter. Thanks...JD
5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi,

Just a couple of points to remember:

• For the SSCP, 60 CPEs are required to be earned across a 3-year cycle - there is no annual requirement although it is suggested you complete 20 per year to spread them out evenly.
  • You get a 90-day grace period after the 3-year cycle has ended to enter the CPEs in the portal - the CPEs do have to be earned within the 3-year cycle dates.

When you say you haven't completed CPEs this year, do you mean your 3-year cycle is ending / has ended and you haven't registered any CPEs over the final year and don't have the 60 CPEs already registered?

If this is the case, read the CPE handbook for some examples of the activities that qualify and think back over the last 3 years to see if you can remember any appropriate activities you might have completed but didn't register and register them now. Quite often people don't realise activities they have completed will actually qualify for CPEs.

EDIT: just to cover some more of your points...

If you need to speak to ISC2 urgently, always call them - emails still take some time to get a response.

If you are genuinely past the last point where you are considered not to have submitted enough CPEs, then you need to read the certification and membership maintenance policy for the details on what you need to do such as requesting a hardship extension.

hipsterdylan
Newcomer I

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.15.09 AM.png

Thanks for the email, but this is what I was talking about. My window and grace period have both passed. I was working on them last year, did a few, but then the pandemic hit and disrupted my life and I had other things to worry about. From what I understand, I am supposed to earn these during my window and no later than the grace period.

JD

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Ok, from that screenshot it seems you are well past your cycle end date even considering the 90-day grace period.

What is your membership status shown as in the profile section of the member dashboard? Presumably it's suspended rather than active.

Regardless, you need to call member services and discuss it with them. You can find their number in the contact section at the bottom of the site.

hipsterdylan
Newcomer I

Alec,

Account shows Active, which is why this is hard to figure out. I'll call them up then and see what can be done.

Thanks,

JD

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 8.30.17 AM.png

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

I've asked Member Support to reach out to you. 

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us 

ISC2 Community Manager