Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjonah
Newcomer I

Transition from Associate to CISSP

Appreciate if someone can help me understand the process of transitioning from the Associate status to the CISSP. I understood it to be applying for certification when you have fulfilled the required number of years (6) in exemption and work done in various CISSP domains.

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

It should be fairly straightforwards...

01) Gain the requisite amount of experience 

02) Complete and submit an endorsement application (https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement)

03) Wait

04) Keep waiting

05) Keep on waiting

06) Eventually after a millennia (well 6-8 weeks or so) you'll receive an email asking for money

07) Post on here about how the payment page doesn't work

08) Be asked to send an email with your details to one of the admins

09) Once they fix the issue and you've paid the additional fees you'll be a CISSP

10) Post on here about how your SSO access to the CPE portal / PDI learning materials doesn't work

11) Be asked to send an email with your details to one of the admins

12) Once they fix the issue you'll then be a fully fledged CISSP with full access to the member portal

13) Post on here about how your certificate package hasn't arrived

14) Be asked to send an email with your details to one of the admins

15) Receive certificate package 6 months after you became a CISSP

Your journey will then be complete - congratulations!

bjonah
Newcomer I

O wow! That sounds frustrating. I tried to submit my endorsement application and was told I have not passed an exam in nine months. On checking my profile I noticed my membership has been removed. I paid the $35 transition fee in April. I sent an email to member support but no response.

How can I contact the admins? Thanks.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Emails will take a few weeks to get a response as many, many people have issues at the moment!

My advice is to call them and keep calling until you speak to someone - leaving a voicemail will also take weeks to get a response.

Alternatively, you can try Twitter - some people have success getting their cases expedited that way.

There's also the option of one of the admins / mods / staff members on here picking up your case, but none of them are online at the moment so I'd go with the telephone option.