Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Supporting Documents for Podcasts & Webinars as CPE

In a related thread on CPE questions, Ben @Ben_Malisow and Steve @Steve-Wilme asked about supporting evidence for having watched podcasts and webinars. I have been successfully logging both for many years, and do not recall any being audited for cause, only by random selection.

For evidence, I routinely include the URL for the event in my description, and a sentence about something in the 'cast that was not described on the web page. If I can download slides, I send the title slide and one or two others in PDF as my uploaded evidence. If no slide download was possible, I try to get a screen grab of the title slide and use that for upload. If the event required pre-registration, I print the acceptance e-mail as PDF and send that as evidence, too.

Documentation as evidence is pretty easy when you look for available tools.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
15 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@Ben_Malisow wrote:

I'm not positive, but I suspect it would be difficult to take screencaps of my iPod, and downright dangerous to do so while driving, riding my motorcycle, or working out (my preferred locations/situations for listening to podcasts).

Screencaps on an iPod are super easy, even more so than on a desktop computer. Just hit the Start and Home buttons at the same time

That said, yes, if you are listening to the audio while driving, no, not a good way. but you cn certainly listen a second time at home while watching TV and just hit the home/start buttons when screens worth grabbing are visible.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Ben_Malisow
Contributor II

Dr. Shelton, I should have specified: my iPod is a Nano. Neither Home nor Start buttons. And all the more complication for offloading images from it, should that capability exist.

Which brings to mind another point: ISC2 is an international organization. Many of our members do not live in wealthy societies, nor do they share the wherewithal/capabilities/personally-owned technology that you or I might have. They should not have less capability/convenience for garnering/recording CPEs because of this.

CraginS
Defender I

@Ben_Malisow wrote:

Dr. Shelton, I should have specified: my iPod is a Nano. Neither Home nor Start buttons. And all the more complication for offloading images from it, should that capability exist.

Which brings to mind another point: ISC2 is an international organization. Many of our members do not live in wealthy societies, nor do they share the wherewithal/capabilities/personally-owned technology that you or I might have. They should not have less capability/convenience for garnering/recording CPEs because of this.

Ben,

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I was thinking only of the iPod Touch. And yes, the audio-only iPods are great for podcasts on the go.

As for screen caps, since you do have a full web-capable device, then you could still repeat the 'cast on that deice wile doing something else and perform screen captures to support what you listened to.

As for the ability to build CPEs in lower-tech societies I must pass that problem to forum members with experience in that environment. I cannot pretend to understand the nuances there without any experience. Let's ask others who have lived in such places to add comments.

Craig (really)

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Ben_Malisow
Contributor II

Ah-- well, I found out more about the program; the answer to the question of "how can content providers make it more convenient and accurate for ISC2 members to report multimedia CPEs through an automated channel?" is "promise to pay ISC2 $60K and also provide the content."

denbesten
Community Champion

@Ben_Malisow wrote:

"promise to pay ISC2 $60K and also provide the content."

That seems awfully short-sighted.  Sorry that the yellow brick road led straight into the briar patch.  

On the more positive side, I guess we now know that your bounds for convenience are somewhere between $0.99 and $60k.  

Ben_Malisow
Contributor II

Right????

I'm guessing mine's a bit closer to a buck-fifty...