cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_C
Viewer

Submitting CPE for completing certifications

Hi,.

If I completed AWS certifications or the CCSK, what should I put it as when submitting the CPE?

Thanks

8 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

While you're waiting for a confirmation from (ISC)2 here, check this related post...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
CraginS
Defender I

Keung (@K_C)

To answer your basic question, you get to use your own evaluation of which CBK domains apply for those study and course efforts. To do that, it is essential that you read and understand both the CBK domain descriptions for your certification and the (ISC)2 CPE Handbook.  Claim one CPE unit for each hour of course, and make a reasonable claim for time on self-study. If there is a published book you studied, I suggest claiming the book for the CPE by writing the required short book report.

Be sure to check the (ISC)2 web site occasionally to ensure you have the current CPE Handbook. The guidance changes about once a year. 

As for @Shannon's tip to read the other thread, you have to read the entire long thread to get the correct advice: DO NOT waste your time asking (ISC)2 staff for advice before submitting your CPE claims. Deep into the thread William @denbesten properly showed that Shannon's initial reply there to ask (ISC)2 was not the best advice. 

The lesson for me:

Follow Admiral Grace Hopper's maxim, 

"It's better to beg forgiveness [deal with an audit] than ask for permission."

Good luck,

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Shannon
Community Champion

Yes, they did say that their support staffs' go-ahead can't be relied on; but I was curious to see whether they'd have anything different to say here... Man LOL

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
amandavanceISC2

@K_C Congratulations! When submitting your CPEs, please use the instructions below. You may submit up to 30 CPEs for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification.

1. Enter begin/end date

2. Select 'no' to (ISC)² offered event

3. Education (tab)

4. 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training' - this is our "general" tab

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

S3cur1tyExprt
Newcomer II

Amanda,

For the begin/end date, would that be the time frame that it took me to obtain the certification?
amandavanceISC2

@S3cur1tyExprt I apologize for the delayed response. Yes, it would be the time frame you studied as long as it was within your three-year cycle.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

scsmith
Viewer II

When claiming CPE for training, does it require completion of the certification?  I have online courses available in CEH, and Cisco CCNA security areas that I can take for free but don't currently plan on paying for the exams.  

tonyshiver
Contributor II

Submitting CPEs for training does not require the certification. If audited, you'll just need to provide a summary of the activity and how it relates to their duties. Hope this helps!

Tony Shiver
Manager, Member Services
For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.