Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zms200
Newcomer I

Recorded CPEs for Offensive Security PWK Course Before Submitting the Lab Report

I took the PWK course (prep for OSCP) from Offensive Security, and I submitted my CPEs as soon as I finished the course materials (videos and reading material), but before I submitted the associated "Lab Report" to Offensive Security. Should I delete this CPE submission and resubmit when after submit the Lab Report to Offensive Security (just did a couple of days ago), and got the "Certificate of Completion" from them?

Thanks!

7 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

If you want to claim extra CPEs and it would be difficult to explain why you have one piece of evidence (i.e. the certificate of completion) for two separate CPE submissions, then I'd say yes.

If you're not going to claim any extra CPEs and you're just looking to provide evidence for your original submission then I wouldn't bother. I assume the original CPEs have been accepted already, in which case just hold onto the certificate of completion and produce it if you get audited in the future.

EDIT: I note you don't have a certificate (e.g. CISSP, SSCP, etc.) badge showing in your profile on here, so just wanted to point out you can't earn CPEs until you are fully certified (exam passed, endorsement application fully approved and fees paid) and your certification cycle has started. Apologies if you are fully certified and your cycle has started and it's just an issue with the badge system on here. 🙂

zms200
Newcomer I

Thanks for the quick response! It's the latter, I'm just getting evidence
for my original submission, and yes, the original submission was already
accepted. So I will just leave it. Thanks!
CraginS
Defender I

@zms200 wrote:

I took the PWK course (prep for OSCP) from Offensive Security, and I submitted my CPEs as soon as I finished the course materials (videos and reading material), but before I submitted the associated "Lab Report" to Offensive Security. Should I delete this CPE submission and resubmit when after submit the Lab Report to Offensive Security (just did a couple of days ago), and got the "Certificate of Completion" from them?

Thanks!

Alec @AlecTrevelyan   gave a solid answer, but to footstomp a key point: You can submit for CPE credit based on the time you spent in the learning experience, whether or not you completed the final course exercise. 

If you wish to break thee CPE from that course into two chunks, you may have difficulty explaining the details in the short experience narrative to make it clear your are not double-claiming.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
zms200
Newcomer I

That's a great point, Craig, thanks!
zms200
Newcomer I

Yup, I have Associate of ISC2, and my endorsement is currently being processed to graduate to CISSP. No worries!
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Ah yes, of course - I forgot Associates don't get a badge on here.

zms200
Newcomer I

I got my confirmation from Offensive Security today! But I'm wondering if
it will be a problem that the date on my confirmation letter is later than
the dates that I recorded for the CPEs?