Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reachme
Newcomer I

Provisionally passed CISSP on 25 Feb, 2021 and did not receive official email from ISC2. Please help

12 Replies
mtheo
ISC2 Team

Typically it does take just a few days for (ISC)2 to receive exam results from Pearson Vue. However, there are times when it takes longer. Please refer to https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam for more information:

Receiving Your Results
(ISC)² conducts a thorough statistical and psychometric analysis of the score data to establish the pass/fail score before releasing scores. We need a minimum number of test takers before this analysis can be completed.

Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process.

We appreciate your patience during this process. Once it's complete, you'll hear from us.

Thanks,
Michael Thomas

Supervisor, Member Services
reachme
Newcomer I

Its been six weeks now. I didn't know about this delay before writing the exam. I failed once in December and studying from almost two years. I hope I will get the endorsement email soon.

gizmare
Newcomer I

Ya, I am at 6 weeks as well. On the day of the 8th week, I will contact support again. 

moez-ger2001
Newcomer I

Hello Michael
please tell us how can we proceed Its been 7 weeks now
and no reply from ISC² please don't send us a generic email we need to understand the situation
Thank you

cwalshsml
Newcomer II

All,

I do respect the process for ensuring the test was valid, and that it wasn't compromised.  I can understand that.  But the silence is deafening.  I paid my $750 fee, studied for over a year and received my provisional passing grade as well.  For those honest, law abiding information security professionals who followed every rule by the book, its pretty disheartening to wait over 2 months to move on to the next step in the process.  Yes, i can wait another 2 weeks, what choice do i have?  Providing we actually get our results back by the mentioned 6-8 week window, I feel this is unacceptable business, poor processing, planning or communication in my opinion.  Had i known better, and read the disclaimers apparently posted everywhere, i would have opted to study for another certification, or waited until the testing centers resumed.  I can honestly say i had no idea the online test i took at the end of February was a "pilot".  Shamefully, i must not have paid enough attention to all of the fine print.  With all that said, let me go back to the waiting game. - Respectfully, Christopher

reachme
Newcomer I

Its been more than seven weeks for me. Any guess how many days or weeks more? I hate to post anything on social media but ISC2 left no choice. If possible please acknowledge our hard work and patience. I will really appreciate if any one of you can expediate this process. 

mtheo
ISC2 Team

Thank you for posting your inquiry about your membership status since you provisionally passed the online CISSP exam. Today on of our Member Support Coordinators will be reaching out to you to provide a status update.
cwalshsml
Newcomer II

i look forward to that, however it seems to be the "cut+paste" response that is left for everyone regarding this matter.  Not holding my breath on getting the appropriate attention this matter deserves.  I'll wait another week, to complete the 6-8 weeks, then i will have a grounds for escalating to senior management at this organization.  The situation is unacceptable.  25 years in the business and never have i experienced such a ludicrous process.  Period. - ../cjw

amaf75
Newcomer II

I called ISC2 today, they said they are still waiting to get the results from the company who did the evaluations. It is now week 8 for many of us and ISC2 has no answers.. also it seems like ISC2 used a third party for evaluations. i took both COMPTIA and AWS  online exams during covid and received my pass response and cert in two weeks. ISC2 seems so antiquated, very bad look for the company.