cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephin
Newcomer I

Provisionally passed CISSP but fail on duplicate score report

Hi All,
I had provisionally passed the CISSP examination on 10/22/2019 but there was no update from isc2 or Pearson regarding the result. On the Pearson page it says "Pass". I had asked for a duplicate score report (got it today) and it says: I did not pass!

Has anyone come across such a scenario? Can some one please help?

Stephin
5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

What is this duplicate score report you mention? Who did you request this from? Has anyone explained to you why the result has changed?

It is possible for the result you're given at the test centre and that is reported from Pearson to ISC2 to then change after analysis by ISC2 - both psychometric where they're reviewing your answers, and a review of the test centre video footage - but I would expect them to provide an explanation.

Just for my own curiosity, can you post a picture of your original provisional results sheet you were given at the test centre next to this duplicate you mention please? Feel free to remove any information you don't want to share but leave enough to show they refer to the same test result. Also feel free not to do this at all! Smiley Happy

In terms of next steps, I'd say you have a better chance of successfully disputing a result that has changed from pass to fail as opposed to disputing something that was a fail from the start, but you'll need to speak to Member Services and possibly be required to follow the complaints procedure:

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-1427f94f22f84b5aa6ccbaac84116cdd

stephin
Newcomer I

Right after the exam (Oct 22), the exam center gave me the provisionally passed result and said I will receive the results in 5 days which I never did. I followed up with them (Pearson) and asked for the results and today they sent me the PDF which has the same format as that of the provisionally passed one but this one says failed!
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

If you failed the results sheet should say your proficiency levels in each of the domains so is in a different format. Post that pic I requested in my previous post please.

EDIT: also, what did ISC2 Member Services say?

stephin
Newcomer I

Looks like it was a glitch or something. I received the official result finally on 1 day to 8 weeks and I have passed!

Thanks for the help!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations! Glad it all got straightened out in the end!