Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdc
Newcomer III

Portal CPE issues

I've recently encountered an issue with the CPE portal submission.  One entry has appeared as "pending" on the main page, "draft" on the "view transcript page", but is listed on the "active" transcript.  The CPE totals and percentage agree on all pages except that it should be higher on the "active" transcript page since the entry is listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

14 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@cdc wrote:

I've recently encountered an issue with the CPE portal submission.  

Doesn't surprise me as the CPE portal is a real mess.

One entry has appeared as "pending" on the main page, "draft" on the "view transcript page"...

Pending and draft are effectively the same thing so this is probably correct behaviour:

pending-cpes.png

...but is listed on the "active" transcript.  The CPE totals and percentage agree on all pages except that it should be higher on the "active" transcript page since the entry is listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I haven't been able to view my active transcript for months I just see this error:

active-transcript-error.png

So there are clearly issues with the system - and all of their other systems.

cdc
Newcomer III

AlecTrevelyan,

Thanks for the reply.  Had trouble viewing active transcript for a while but it started working again.  Abandoned effort to view training courses because of issues accessing external labs.

Understand that "draft" and "pending" are the same.  

Confused by it being on active transcript but remaining in draft/pending status.  Pressing "Save and Exit" should add to active, remove draft and pending status, and update all totals/percentages.  

Wonder if there is a configuration control and testing process.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@cdc wrote:

Wonder if there is a configuration control and testing process.

The phrase "do as I say, not as I do" springs to mind.

cdc
Newcomer III

Received error saying to select a domain even though 4 were already selected.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 10.13.26.png

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'd recommend following the steps in this link when looking to enter any Group A CPEs:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-not-getting-credited-automatically/m-p/21405#M4085

As you have seen there are certain options that can lead to strange / random errors when selected - the steps in the link above use known working options.

cdc
Newcomer III

Thanks for link but I have had no issues adding 58 hours of CPE's before the week of June 7th.  Since then, chaos.

danklein
Newcomer I

I completed two InfoSecurity magazine quizzes on 6/1 and 6/2, respectively. Still have yet to receive credit, so I tried to add them manually and got a Salesforce error "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, insufficient access rights on object" so I'm sending an e-mail to ISC2's member services folks on Monday.

Seeing that this has been an issue for over a month, I don't have much faith that this will be resolved soon, sadly.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @danklein - I can look into the issue of the quiz CPEs not loading to your account as they should have. Can you private message me your member ID # and we can take a look? 

danklein
Newcomer I

@Kaity - I sent you a PM. Thanks for your help!

@Kaity wrote:

Hi @danklein - I can look into the issue of the quiz CPEs not loading to your account as they should have. Can you private message me your member ID # and we can take a look?