Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Password update/reset issues with new ISC2 SSO system caused by email provider URL security settings

Just thought I'd post this to help anyone experiencing the same thing I did.

As has been advised recently, ISC2 have changed their SSO provider and as of today members are being prompted to go through a process to update/reset their passwords as part of the move over to the new system.

I just went through this process but unfortunately it was not so straightforward for me. When I initially logged in, I was prompted as expected to go through the password update/reset process, which involves following a link sent to you by email.

Due to the security settings on my email account, the link in the email was being mangled by a URL rewriting mechanism causing me to go into an endless loop of requesting a password reset, receiving an email with a link to follow, which would only take me back to the page to request a password reset, and never actually be prompted to perform the reset.

Once I figured out what was happening, I temporarily disabled the URL security feature and was able to go through the process to update my password and login.

1 Reply
mrnmrsi
Viewer II

This update completely hosed my account.  It wouldn't let me log in at all and wouldn't let me send a password reset to my email.  I tried to create a new account, and it has all my information - including my member number - but says I'm a "non-member" so I can't see my CPEs or submit anything new.  Called them and after 6 tries being sent into someone's voicemail, a rep told me they'd be putting in a ticket to IT support about the account issue.

Way to go folks.  Glad to see my $125 is being put to good use.