cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jj
Newcomer I

Online courses for CPE - Specifically from edX

Hello -

I have been looking through some of the professional certificates on the edX.org site.  They are normally three to five courses long.  There is normally information on how much time each course will take such as 8 to 10 hours a week for 6 weeks.  Can these be submitted for CPE credit and should exact time spent be submitted?  Would I have to take the take the paid verified certificate or is the free option allowed?

Thank you -

Jessica

1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I can't speak specifically about edX courses but the general rule of thumb when considering how to count CPEs is however many hours you spent covering topics that align to the domains of your ISC2 certification you can submit as many group A CPEs (e.g. 1 hour = 1 CPE) by using the "education" option in the CPE portal.

All other time spent can be submitted as group B CPEs by using the "professional development" option in the CPE portal.

You can submit CPEs in increments of 0.25 (i.e. 15 mins of activity) so you can be fairly specific with counting the time spent.

Also, whether they are paid for courses or free courses doesn't matter.

Check out the CPE Handbook for more details:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx