cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbpf
Newcomer I

Online Endorsement email field issue

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I passed the CISSP exam and today I received an email from ISC2 to begin the online endorsement for certification. My current employer's email address format is FNAME.LNAME@REGION.COMPANYNAME.COM, it appears that the input validation for the "Manager's Email Address" field does not allow multiple '.' as part of the mailing address. I reported this via email today but not sure if this would be a better forum for bug reports. 

Robb

5 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

That's ridiculous.  What about organisation.co.uk addresses and all the other domains with multiple periods?  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I've found numerous bugs in the endorsement forms such as on the ISSMP form the domains not reflecting the current domains of the certification - I reported them through the form itself.

I would put in an obvious dummy email address such as "bug@in-form.xyz" to get you past the error, then type the real email address in the free text form with notes to explain the situation.

Shannon
Community Champion

A great example of improvising, making the most of their shortcomings. Way to go, @AlecTrevelyan 

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @robbpf

Thank you for posting about this. First, Congratulations on passing the CISSP Exam!  I also wanted to let you know that a ticket has been submitted to our team about this issue in the endorsement form. Please let us know about any other issues that you may come across. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
robbpf
Newcomer I

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your response and for creating a ticket to resolve. My certification was accepted today so I think all went well with the email addresses or will be in time. 

Robb