Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: Not too happy with CSSLP Exam

NOTE: removed post.  No physical action was taken, more like brow beat.  My intent of the original posting was in hopes ISC2 would see that there are many that feel the exam is not fair.  I expect it to be hard, test my knowledge on the subject.  But not feel like it is so obtuse in its questions, that the taker can't discern what is being asked fairly.  I would not say to anyone to NOT TRY, you might be some of the few that are good test takers and can filter the question into a understanding of how it should be answered.  I would also say if you need this cert, keep taking it.  I've read others say they passed, not sure why they did; rarely do I hear someone post on this forum that they took it and passed based on pure study.  Many say they are not sure, but glad they did.  Not sure why my post would be taken as a felony, maybe freedom of speech has been axed???

Highlighted
Community Champion

@StarBlue wrote:

...took me a long time to beat out of ISC2 ... they did away with the point system they had several years ago...

No need to commit a felony.  (ISC)² explains the grading process publicly, including the fact that both grading schemes are still in use.   Most exams, including CSSLP reportedly still use 700 "scaled points".  CISSP is the partial exception; 2 years ago, they began grading the English version with below/near/above.  However, I do believe that they now report your passing stats in below/near/above verbiage for all the exams and in all languages.

I get it, ISC2 probably does not have a ton of people taking this cert; I figure the CISSP is their #1 cert by a looooong ways

2 to 3 tons of people earn thier CISSP per calendar day, depending on whom you believe regarding the average weight of a CISSP.  The CSSLP does take longer... about a month for  2 to 3 tons earn their CSSLP.  And yes, CISSP makes up about 85% of all certifications awarded by (ISC)².  You can calculate these and other fun stats using the published member counts and historical record. 

They changed the exam I heard back 2014/2015 and haven't bothered, due to demand and cost, to update the source material. 

(ISC)² updates exams every three-ish years; guide updates tend to follow a few months later.  The CISSP was updated in 2015 and 2018; the guides in 2015 and 2018. CSSLP was refreshed in ~2011, ~2014 and 2017, with guide updates in 2011 and 2013.  Although there have been some exam updates (like the latest CSSLP) without corresponding guide updates, it generally happens because the exam update was insignificant. This was explained in the CSSLP refresh FAQ, as was their belief that matching exam and guide versions is not a critical success factor.

Actually my example is too easy

You can find more realistic sample questions on the community.  Rob has worked really hard on that and has a done a good job at capturing the feel (again, thanks, Rob!) .

Really, before committing a felony, you might consider Googling "isc2 faq".   Much of the information is already out there.  Plus, having a felony on your record could put your cert in jeopardy.

Highlighted
Community Champion

As someone who took and passed this exam a couple of months ago, and is now a fully endorsed CSSLP, I can tell you that if you have the requisite knowledge gained through relevant experience and / or an effective study programme you can pass this exam - don't let all the naysayers in this thread put you off.

Newcomer II

Thank you,

Sal
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Since you took both exams, which one was harder?

Thanks