Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Not too happy with CSSLP Exam

You make some good points. I wonder what the numbers are with respect to number of test takers versus pass/fail rates?

Everything is perfectible; what were the 'gotchas' that tripped you up? What would you suggest that people most master before taking the exam?

Community Champion

Hi MDChris,

If you were ever to consider taking this again (hypothetical question), what would you do differently? How would you prepare for this exam in another better way?

Highlighted
Newcomer II

I'd probably show up drunk or at the very least put my mind in a way where I am not reading into the questions as much. The longer you're in the business the information security the more you realize things are not as black and white.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not overthink, just overdrink! 😉 Thanks

Highlighted
Newcomer II

In all seriousness each security organization has their own way of doing security. My biggest mistake (which I did not do when I took the CISSP) was taking this test trying to use the logic and skill I've had utilized being 20 years in the security business. If I was ever to re-take this test, which I do not intend to, I would try in put myself in an ISC2 mindset "What would ISC2 do?" for the duration of the test and throw all my past experiences out the window.