Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Re: Not too happy with CSSLP Exam

I stand corrected on the exam being covered by ISC2.  I re-read the e-mail and my wishful thinking saw one thing, but in fact it is another.  ISC2 will allow anyone who has taken their course and failed the test to re-attend I believe the class free of charge.  It's not the actual test.  We'd still be out the money for taking a 2nd exam.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

All of my study material had the models. 

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Hi
Thanks for your response. So did you pass the exams? Can you provide the names of the study materials you used & the models being referred to please? Are you already in the security, developer, DBA, or hardcore IT field?
Highlighted
Newcomer II

I did pass the test on the first pass. It was brutal. I studied the infamous CSSLP CBK ans the All-in-One. The CBK had the models. I also read the CISSP book by Shon Harris.

I have been a developer for about 30 years. Most of it as a developer or a manager of developer. I have a fair amount of security experience from a management prospective,

I found the test to be about 25% book knowledge and 75% experience and common sense.

The security experience was the key for my passing. There were definitely were not covered in the books. 

Sal 

Newcomer II

That should have read:

There definitely were questions that were not covered by the book.

The CBK was the 2nd edition.

I totally went the self-trained route.