Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: No CPEs from 2018 Security Congress

I was one of the (ISC)2 Ambassadors at Security Congress and I know we were telling people to give the staff 2-3 weeks before you start wondering about them.  There were almost 2000 attendees that they have to update CPEs for.  I would say if you have not seen them by early November send an email to membersupport@isc2.org.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Newcomer I

I appreciate the need for processing, but updating records in batch does not require 2-3 weeks in this day and age unless the recording mechanisms and processes are antiquated.  I would expect ISC2 to be able to process updates for its member community in what I perceive as a timely fashion (which is less than 2-3 weeks for sure).

Highlighted
Community Champion

There is a 90 day grace period for filing CPEs.  As long as 2-3 weeks does not get drawn out to 13 weeks, nobody is harmed by a posting delay.  Given that the CPE system has been down for a few days now, I imagine their attention has been diverted to issues more time-sensitive than bulk-loading CPEs.

You might put a reminder into your calendar and ignore the issue for a few weeks.

Highlighted
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

There is a 90 day grace period for filing CPEs. 

To clarify, we have up to 90 days after the expiration of our three-year certification cycle to submit CPE credits, not 90 days after the individual CPE-qualifying event. 

Quoting from page 11 of the current (2017) CPE Handbook:

=-=-=-=

Grace Period
Following the certification expiration date, members/associates are allowed a 90-day grace period to complete the submission of all CPE credits, but the credits must be earned by the expiration date.

=-=-=-=

Dr. D. Cragin Shelton, CISSP
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
https://CraginS.blogspot.com/
My Community Profile
My LinkedIn Profile
href="Not Passing a Cert Exam is Not the Same as Failing" target="new";;https://cragins.blogspot.com/2018/08/pass-rates-for-professional-exams.html
Highlighted
Community Champion

@CraginS wrote:

To clarify, we have up to 90 days after the expiration of our three-year certification cycle to submit CPE credits, not 90 days after the individual CPE-qualifying event. 

@CraginS is correct.  Thanks for the clarification.