cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleksey
Viewer

New Editions of Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide or other books in 2017

HI!

Tell me please, do you plan to release new edition of Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide, Official (ISC)² CISSP Practice Tests, CISSP For Dummies or Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK in 2017?

9 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

The Common Body Of Knowledge(CBK) is updated yearly:

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CBK

But you shouldn't really need to doc too much other then look for the published changes.

I found that the 'Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition ((ISC)2 Press) 4th Edition' was perfectly fine and had the eight domains and would probably be OK, but there are a couple of books released in 2016 as well. A lot of the information is stable.

I don't think I'd recommend more that one textbook as the diminishing return on investment of studying the second or third would be really quite large.

Kaity
Community Manager

Nothing new planned for 2017, no.

In April 2018, we’ll be releasing new course materials and a new Sybex Study Guide. Practice tests, CISSP CBK and app updates will follow – currently estimated for Summer of 2018.
rogerkho
Viewer

HI there,

could you please advise on the latest edition yo study for CISSP (fourth edition or ?)?

reason for my question is i saw too many edition up to 7th edition and im not sure which one to use. 

thanks, 

Roger 

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello Roger,

The current version of the CISSP CBK is the 4th edition, and the current version of the CISSP Study Guide is the 7th edition.

The CBK is a knowledge base and reference, while the Study Guide is more of a study tool - I hope this helps! We have more information about these books (and others) on the website: https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources

VMR
Viewer II

I see the new 8th edition of the Official Study Guide is now in pre-order.

I purchased the 7th edition past year. Do you know if I could obtain any discount to purchase the new edition?

Thanks all.
TibiM
Viewer II

Where did you see that the 8th Edition was on pre order?  As of now I am using the study guide and practice tests that are available as apps for the IOS.  They were very reasonably priced for the two together as a bundle.  There is no edition mentioned on them and I now can't find where but I think they might be updated.  Not to the new April format but at least I have to assume more so / probable than the books.

VMR
Viewer II

Hi TibiM,

It's in Amazon. 😉
TibiM
Viewer II

Thanks I see it now.  I read that the Sybex books should be available in May while the others in the 3rd quarter of the year.  Depending on how far I get with the studying before then I might not wait for it.

Deeksha
Viewer II

How is the study guide of 8th edition different from 7th edition? Will the 7th edition be enough for clearing exams in 2018 and further?