Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CBK Domain format after Apr 2018

Hello ISC2!   I was wondering if there is an ETA for the new "CISSP Official Study Guide" (8th edition?) which will cover the new CBK Domains as they will exist after Apr 2018?   

Thank you!

5 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello!

Per our website, 

The Official (ISC)² CISSP Training Course (classroom-based and online-instructor led) will be available in April 2018.The Sybex CISSP Study Guide will be available in May 2018. The Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK, Practice Test Book and CISSP for Dummies will be available in the third quarter of 2018.

Here's a page with more info as well -

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Domain-Refresh-FAQ

Hope this helps!

dijitaljedi
Viewer

What if we've scheduled our test for Apri 17? What content can we use to study considering, from what I've heard, the new test format/questions will be given out on April 15th.
amandavanceISC2

@dijitaljedi You can still use the current CISSP CBK and books as the updates were minor and the exams are experience based. I would suggest reviewing the new format change FAQs prior to your exam. Please keep in mind, you cannot skip questions and go back to them later in the exam; all questions must be answered when given.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

hemalhvora
Viewer

Since the course syllabus is changing from April, 2018, is the study book also getting changed ?

Book currently available is "CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7ed". Is this getting changed ?

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @hemalhvora

I've moved your post over to a thread that is on this topic so that you can see some of the other questions and replies about this. I've also copied a previous reply from Kaity below that addresses your question. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Per our website, 

The Official (ISC)² CISSP Training Course (classroom-based and online-instructor led) will be available in April 2018.The Sybex CISSP Study Guide will be available in May 2018. The Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK, Practice Test Book and CISSP for Dummies will be available in the third quarter of 2018.

Here's a page with more info as well -

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Domain-Refresh-FAQ

Thanks!

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager