cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuell
Viewer II

Membership status

Hello ISC2 community! 

I took and passed my exam at a Pearson Vue facility on May 1st.  I received the "Congratulations, you've provisionally passed" letter at the time of the exam. 

I received the exam results email on May 2nd confirming that I passed the exam, and followed the included instructions for "next steps" and completed the "application" for membership and paid the requisite fee at that time.  I also joined the Cincinnati (Tri-State) Chapter of ISC2. 

I then received the "Congratulations!  Your application has been approved" on May 8th.  However, I still see in the Dashboard that my status reflects "ISC2 Candidate" and I do not yet see the Associate/Member status reflected on my profile. 

I am assuming that perhaps I am still in the "endorsement" phase?  I have over 25 years of experience in the industry, with roles ranging from technical and development lead to architect lead to security manager, etc.  I believe the requisite work experience in the various domains has been met or exceeded, but can find no way to review the actual status, beyond the emails I have received. 

Can anyone provide any information about what else I may need to do, or if this sort of timing is typical or expected? 

Much appreciate any direction or guidance you may be able to provide. 

Warm regards,

Jason Buell

EDIT 05/10/2024: I received the final emails today confirming my membership status.  For others who may be new to ISC2, or who may encounter something similar, my experience was that it took 10 days from exam to activation of my membership. 

0 Replies