cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iluom
Contributor II

Member Count in ISC2 Website

Hello,

I would like to know the criterion behind the member count - country wide list  for a particular credential (e.g CISSP )in the ISC2 website.

Can someone help me ?  Is it based on the credential holder residential address or exam taken location or credential holder working location or anything else?

Is there any directory service available to see the complete list of the credential holders in a particular region rather searching by certificate Id?

Thank you.

Chandra Mouli, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP
8 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

As you read up on GDPR, contemplate the legal hoops (ISC)² would need to navigate to maintain a complete public member list. 

You gave (ISC)² your address (on your profile) to mail your certificate.  I would bet that they use that address for the member counts.

iluom
Contributor II

Thanks for the info.
amandavanceISC2

@iluom Thank you for your inquiry. @denbesten is correct; the totals are pulled using the primary postal address on members profiles and we do not have a public member directory. You can find the member count by certification and country here.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

iluom
Contributor II

Thank you Amanda

Albahrani
Viewer III

When will the list be updated for the new year with the new count? Curious howmany cissp cert holders joined the club last year..
amandavanceISC2

@Albahrani We should have the new list updated by the end of Q1. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

iluom
Contributor II

member count has been updated in isc2 website latest by 31st Dec 2018 ...for your info.

CISSP Count 131,180

Cheers

Albahrani
Viewer III

Great, thanks!  According to my math then, approx 8800 new CISSP members were added in the past 12 months!  (Be warned, I'm a soon to be CISSP, not a mathematician).